Redemptors WIPs

The Redemptors were an old DIY Chapter that I created; you can read about them in their IA article here. Basically, they're a Chapter in the far Southern Reaches where the light of the Astronomican is faint and the Emperor Himself is considered by some to be a myth.

Shipments of supplies and ammunition from the nearest Forgeworlds are few and far between, easy prey for determined pirates. Although the Chapter's supply bases maintain arsenals and stockpiles of weapons, on occasion the Chapter's resources have run dangerously low. The Redemptors carefully ration their equipment to ensure that they are battle-ready at all times. The Chapter demands discipline from its Brothers - needlessly wasting ammunition is seen as a serious infraction. There have been recorded instances of the Chapter negotiating with Rogue Traders and outlying colonies in order to procure weaponry, or of even resorting to hand-to-hand combat to save ammunition.

Rather than being known as scouts, the Chapter's neophytes are known as Supplicants. Supplicants spend a great deal of their time in contemplation and prayer. As supplicants have not donned Power Armour and are not seen as 'true' Marines, they do not fight with bolt-Weapons, instead using las- or auto-rifles. This pragmatic measure stems, in part, from the Redemptors' attempts to safeguard and secure their supplies of ammunition.

I've been fiddling with some models whilst clearing my desk and I've begun work on a Captain and Supplicant from the Redemptors.

First up, the Captain, a basic piece. I want to add a plastic combat shield to the other arm.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z121/mnesimache/Redemptors/Captain.jpg

Second, the Supplicant. I've got two possible heads for this model:

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z121/mnesimache/Redemptors/Protoscout01.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z121/mnesimache/Redemptors/Protoscout02.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z121/mnesimache/Redemptors/Protoscout03.jpg

The first head is taken from a Forgeworld Tallarn sniper. I really like it, and think it conveys a very militaristic/pragmatic air to these scouts. The second is taken from the Empire Flagellants, and more effectively conveys a grimdark monastic air to the scout - perhaps he has taken a vow of silence or somesuch, hence the sewn-up mouth...

Opinions are more than welcome with these guys!

Rather than being known as scouts, the Chapter's neophytes are known as Supplicants. Supplicants spend a great deal of their time in contemplation and prayer. As supplicants have not donned Power Armour and are not seen as 'true' Marines, they do not fight with bolt-Weapons, instead using las- or auto-rifles. This pragmatic measure stems, in part, from the Redemptors' attempts to safeguard and secure their supplies of ammunition.

that right there is awesome. las rifles would be easier to maintain i would imagine-- easier firing mechanism so they wont jam and the ammo packs can recharge over time, be charged in an outlet, or charged in a rush by tossing them in the fire.

as for the head, I like the tallarn head more. If you were to mold a sniper cloak on the model, it would give it a perfect sniper/guerilla combat kind of feel.

care to post a color scheme?

also, this captain like figure seems a little lacking-- do you plan to bling him up any further? the choice of base model is a good one.

nice captain

i dont really think the sewn up mouth guy looks that good he looks very chaosy

but there is one thing i have to know

where are those guns from?

The autogun is taken from the old Necromunda Basic Weapon Sprue.

that right there is awesome. las rifles would be easier to maintain i would imagine-- easier firing mechanism so they wont jam and the ammo packs can recharge over time, be charged in an outlet, or charged in a rush by tossing them in the fire.

as for the head, I like the tallarn head more. If you were to mold a sniper cloak on the model, it would give it a perfect sniper/guerilla combat kind of feel.

care to post a color scheme?

also, this captain like figure seems a little lacking-- do you plan to bling him up any further? the choice of base model is a good one.

Agreed on the lasrifles, but I wanted to immediately draw a distinction between carapace-armoured guardsmen and the Supplicants. I might have some with lasrifles anyway. As for the colour scheme, you can find it through the IA Article linked in the first post - to summarise, it's pretty much white with red arms to represent their lineage through the Castigators.

As to the Captain, he's quite imposing in person, I don't think the picture does him much justice. I like that particular Sword Brethren figure, plus he has a lantern at his waist (which plays into the Redemptors' symbology - check out the IA article). As for bling, he might receive something on his combat shield, and may have something on his backpack.

I really like that Captain, Mol. It's about time we see some more of your creations coming to life! I really enjoyed the Redemptors IA article, and these are some simple but brilliant conversions. I remember you saying long ago that you wanted to use that Sword Brethren model for a Redemptors Captain, so it's nice to see that you've finally started. As for the Supplicant, I prefer the aesthetics of the first head.

Archived