Chaos Terminators with Lightning Claws?

Hello!

May I first say, before somebody underestimates this Topic as 'I'm a Chaos Player and I want Lightning Claws!', I'd like to point out that's not my aim here.

What I'd like to know is, have there been cases - in the History of Chaos (The Fluff) - where Chaos Terminators have been equipped with Lightning Claws?

If yes: Does that mean, then, that there's potential for a Home-Brew Ruleset for Chaos Terminators with Lightning Claws?

If no: Why not?

Thanks,

Blood Raven

(And, please dont' bring up the 'Gaming Balance' argument. You'll have noticed that I speak not of the Game, but of the Fluff, and the History.)

Maybe I am confused by what you are asking, but why not just use the rules in the codex? (p94 of the current chaos codex)

They get claws as a standard option.

I remember a diaorama in a white dwarf a LONG time ago showing Horus fighting the emperor where Horus was wearing black terminator armor with a pair of lightning claws...I haven't been able to find a pic since but I thought it was pretty sweet.

Maybe I am confused by what you are asking, but why not just use the rules in the codex? (p94 of the current chaos codex)

I remember a diaorama in a white dwarf a LONG time ago showing Horus fighting the emperor where Horus was wearing black terminator armor with a pair of lightning claws...I haven't been able to find a pic since but I thought it was pretty sweet.

W... wait, they're an option in the codex?

See, I don't own the Codex, but I assumed since the Lightning Claws don't come with the Terminators themselves, that there wasn't an option for Chaos Terminators with Lightning Claws?

Oops :devil:

The Chaos termie lightning claw arms for the regular guys must be on the same sprue as their combi plasma arm... ;)

You may be able to find someone who got the Imperial termie assault box and is only using the TH/SS arms. Those should work on along with the chaos shoulder pads from the regular box.

Our terminators have been able to use claws since 2nd ed!

The Chaos termie lightning claw arms for the regular guys must be on the same sprue as their combi plasma arm...

Or you can build this

I agree with Rizza, trading for loyalist claws is probably the cheapest way to go about it. ;)

Whatever you do, do not buy the metal Space Marine lightning claw bits. They are absolute garbage and I wish I had never spent money on them.

It is hard to find claws for chaos, but it depends what lengths you want to go to get them. You can buy SM terminators and just use those if you do not care about the look, or if you are going for pre heresey. Something I have tried is useing all possessed arm bits in place for counts as lightning claws. The ones that come in the chaos terminator lord are awesome, however, they are a rare find on bit sites and usually cost alot of money for just one set.

i thought standard was a twin-linked bolter+ a power weapon, whereas lightning claws were an upgrade option.

What I did was buy several Terminator Lord boxes. I use the claws on my normal terminators, build a couple terminator lords/champions out of the kits (which I needed anyways), and sell the considerable leftovers in grouped bits auctions on ebay. It's a little work, but much cheaper overall than buying the individual lightning claw bits (which cost almost as much as you can get a full Terminator Lord box for).

i thought standard was a twin-linked bolter+ a power weapon, whereas lightning claws were an upgrade option.

Power Weapon + TL Bolter is the Standard Loudout.

Pair of Lightning Claws is a Standard Option

I put the 2 LCs from the Lord/Sorc box on one of my Termies. He's the Champion - 5 rerolling to wound Power Weapon attacks on the charge? Yes please :huh:

It's even more deadly when they're Khorne Termies.

Yes, yes, I know it isn't a very competative option to have a pimped out squad of close combat monsters for Chaos Termies, but they do rack up an impressive kill count in-game :D

Yea I've seen more fluff evidence to support twin claws on Termies, than I have seen evidence to support combi-meltas! (Not to say it doesn't exist)

In the box, I also will use a clawed hand mixed with the mutated arm which easily counts for another claw hand.

Also I can't remember off hand but I bought extra Chaos Lord plastic Termie sets just to get the extra arms. There's some good stuff in there including combi' weapons

What I did was buy several Terminator Lord boxes. I use the claws on my normal terminators, build a couple terminator lords/champions out of the kits (which I needed anyways), and sell the considerable leftovers in grouped bits auctions on ebay. It's a little work, but much cheaper overall than buying the individual lightning claw bits (which cost almost as much as you can get a full Terminator Lord box for).

Thats what I'd do. Plus the Termi-HQs body looks better, so if you ever want to add some uniqueness to your Terminator squad, it works.

Terminators with dual Claws are nothing to sneeze at really. Most people talk about how much fun it is to give them Icon of Khorne, but I think the real money is on Slaanesh.

1/2 the price of Khorne and I5 means you're hitting before other Marines and at the same time as Eldar troops and Marine HQs.

wouldnt sterngard rather shoot you anyway? unless you mean vangard :cry:

Oops. I always get those mixed up. Bloody loyalists. :(

Anyway, back on topic. One of the most effective things to do imo (my friend has done this with circa 15 terminators) is indeed buying TH/SS terminators and using the LCs. Only downside is that the claws are a tad short and square. but that can be easily fixed in many ways.

I happened upon that the other day whilst looking through some old stuff, it's around WD120 that it's in.

Not the best angle but...

http://www.sodemons.com/gwmuseum/horus/04100327.JPG

based on the same moment, two pieces of artwork show Horus with different load outs:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/3/3f/Emperor_VS_Horus.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/943/emperorvshorusjq9.jpg

People like the five Icon of Slaanesh/Khorne twin claw champs inside a land raider munch squad. Its spendy, but it packs a punch on par with other squads like honor guard and the like.

wouldn't buying one of these be the easiest way to give a squad of termis lightning claws? :

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod1400026

Yes except that those are total garbage. They don't look nearly as clean as the ones in the picture. They are also very short and look like the wrong kind of arms on a terminator. And on top of that, you can't put any Chaos shoulder pads on them because they have generic marines ones built into them. It's almost always better to make your own or buy the plastic SM ones.

Archived