WIP: Raven Guard Icon

Using the Greenstuff Icon Tutorial I have created this:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2613/3679955641_f06b6d11ac_m.jpg

I have cleaned up the tail and the left claw a bit more from this photo. I still need to fill the slight void in the chest.

I hope the detail will transfer to the negative mold. I am letting it cure a week before I continue on to that step.

What do you guys think?

Looks good. Maybe its a little bit low on the pad and schould be more centered.

The Details are very small hope this works when creating the "mould".

cya

it is a more centered than the picture indicates; I chose the most in focus picture I took.

I do agree that it is a bit low, I think I will be able to move it up just a touch when I am using the press mold.

I am a bit worried about the detail level though.

Anyone have a tutorial on casting the whole pad?

Well casting just one pad is a bit of a waste, if you GS press mold it, then you still have the detail issue, but if you go and make a silicon mold they you will be wasting some precious silicon, if you go ahead and make like 3, then you silicon mold them, then it would be worth it, but you would have to make 3 pads... but then again it might still be better for preserving the details, maybe make 3 variants of the shoulder pad and them make a silicon mold of it, that way you could easily churn them out, if you need a silicon mold making tut i think i have one around here somewhere.. hmmm... ::browses favorites tab::

Well casting just one pad is a bit of a waste, if you GS press mold it, then you still have the detail issue, but if you go and make a silicon mold they you will be wasting some precious silicon, if you go ahead and make like 3, then you silicon mold them, then it would be worth it, but you would have to make 3 pads... but then again it might still be better for preserving the details, maybe make 3 variants of the shoulder pad and them make a silicon mold of it, that way you could easily churn them out, if you need a silicon mold making tut i think i have one around here somewhere.. hmmm... ::browses favorites tab::

That would be cool :tu:

Archived