Mail-Order Exclusive Wolf Guard Review

So, I just received this beatiful new miniature and I just thought perhaps someone is interested in a short review.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod1690069

This miniature comes in 5 parts, the seperate claws, body, backpack and a nice scenic base with an Ork glyph. The casting qualitiy is very good, som little flash in the face and there is quite som cleaning uo to do around the blades of the claws. The miniature itself is one of the most beautifuly sculpted GW miniatures I have seen so far, on par or even better than most special character miniatures. There's lots of small and well sculpted detail on this miniature, but it's not too detailed that you feel visiually overloaded. There you'll find the classic Space Wolf stuff like tooth necklaces, pelts (very dynamic sculpts) and gems. The whole miniatures carries a great sense of "momentum" and is easy to assemble. I think a small rock that the Wolf Guard could be running down, would look better that the sculpted base, but so you can use this one for another miniature.

So I recomend this miniature to all Space Wolf players, that don't have a problem with the pose or a "wolverine" look-alike. I wish there would be more dynamic power armour miniatures around.

The head should be easy to seperate, you could even do it with just a cutter knife. But I have to say, I also didn't like the head at all, but now seeing it close up I started to like it. I think it's just the angle of the picture that makes it's expression so "sily".

Archived