Combi Weapons - effected by Vulkan's reroll?

Duce

Hey,

Hoping this is the right subject since its a general question. Just wanting to know offhand if Vulkan's melta/flamer rerolls work on sternguard combi weapons?

Thanks

Hey,

Hoping this is the right subject since its a general question. Just wanting to know offhand if Vulkan's melta/flamer rerolls work on sternguard combi weapons?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure it does, as when combi-weapon shoot, they do it as a meltagun or flamer - which he affects.

I'm not 100%, though.

If that were the case Combi-Bolters could use the space wolves true grit rule.

Sorry if the weapon is not specificlly listed word for word, each weapon not listed is treated as a different weapon entirely even if it uses similar rules. A combi-melta could be a lascannon for what the Vulkan's rule entitles.

Sorry if the weapon is not specificlly listed word for word, each weapon not listed is treated as a different weapon entirely even if it uses similar rules. A combi-melta could be a lascannon for what the Vulkan's rule entitles.

It's listed word for word that a combi weapons houses a second one-shot weapon that's either a flamer, a meltagun or a plasmagun. Furthermore if it would be a different weapon they'd have given them their own stats.

I think Space Wolves can't use True Grit with combi-weapons because it specifically states they can't.

According to Codex: Space Wolves second printing, we are able to use True-Grit with combi-weapons and bolters, but not storm bolters. It's the first printing that says we can't, I believe. So for Wolves, it depends on which printing you have.

no, they definetly can reroll. it clearly sates that any flamer or melta weapons are twin linked. even though its a combi flamer, it still has the word flamer in the title doesnt it???

Yes, they can reroll, but it has nothing to do with the word Flamer in the title.

Hotshot Lasguns might have the word "Lasgun" in their title, but they still cannot make use of the FRFSRF rule in the IG codex.

They reroll because they fire as a Flamer, and Flamer appears in the list of which weapons are affected by Vulcan.

A bit of semantics, but a distinction I believe is important when trying to decipher GWs rules in general.

I would say no.

The rules list the guns that get the benefit, and combis are not listed

According to that logic, then you wouldnt get the reroll with Vulkans heavy flamer, as the gauntlet fires as a heavy flamer, it is not a heavy flamer.

However, you still look at the profile of the heavy flamer to fire the gauntlet, just like you look at the profile of the melta when you fire the combi melta. And the profile of all meltas and heavy flamers in a Vulkan list is amended to include 'twin linked'

Thats my take anyway.

I would say no.

According to that logic, then you wouldnt get the reroll with Vulkans heavy flamer, as the gauntlet fires as a heavy flamer, it is not a heavy flamer.

However, you still look at the profile of the heavy flamer to fire the gauntlet, just like you look at the profile of the melta when you fire the combi melta. And the profile of all meltas and heavy flamers in a Vulkan list is amended to include 'twin linked'

Thats my take anyway.

oh, i understand your argument perfectly, and i think it is badly worded

RAI clearly is anything that fires as one

I would say no.

Please read what a combi weapon is in the wargear section of the codex.

The rules state that it consists of a normal bolter with a secondary one-shot weapon attached, which is either a flamer, meltagun or plasma gun. None of them have special stats of their own, they just use the rules of the respective weapon.

If it's called a flamer, it has the stats of a flamer, it fires like a flamer, then it is a flamer and uses all rules and benefits a flamer gets from Vulkan.

I would say no.

Please read what a combi weapon is in the wargear section of the codex.

The rules state that it consists of a normal bolter with a secondary one-shot weapon attached, which is either a flamer, meltagun or plasma gun. None of them have special stats of their own, they just use the rules of the respective weapon.

If it's called a flamer, it has the stats of a flamer, it fires like a flamer, then it is a flamer and uses all rules and benefits a flamer gets from Vulkan.

the last sentence doesnt matter

the wargear definition does, and you are right

it clearly states that it houses the secondary weapon, so that is covered. However, acting like one doesnt matter

the key is that a "flamer" is specifically called out as being subject to vulkan's special rule. "flame weapons" and weapons that fire "like a flamer" are not. combi weapons ARE both a bolter and the special weapon, and use ALL rules for both, plus the additional restriction of a single shot on the special weapon component.

Archived