Infantry Weapons - Shooting

Warfare

Played a game vs an eldar army a few days back where he had a unit of jetbike-mounted warlocks with destructer, singing spears, shuriken pistols and (obviously) twin-shuriken catapults. anyway, the short of it is that he flew in and tried to shoot all four weapons at one of my terminator squads and then assault afterward (they are all assault weapons after all). I'm sure that there is an answer for this somewhere, but a quick flick through the rulebook revealed nothing. Anyway, onto the questions behind the topic:

how many weapons can an infantry model shoot each turn?

i assume it is only one. also, more importantly:

how many weapons can a mounted model (bike, jetbike etc) shoot and does this vary if there are multiple crew members (ie the attack bike) and do psychic shooting attacks count towards the weapons tally?

i have always played it that bikes can always shoot their twin-links & special weapon OR bolt pistols & special weapon, and attack bikes can shoot their twin-links & multimelta OR bolt pistols & multimelta in the same shooting phase although looking at it now, i may have been wrong as firing four weapons then assaulting seems ridiculous...

//fixed spelling errors

BRB states one weapon per model one the bike per turn can fire. Regular space marine bikes can fire their special weapon or their twin linked bolters not both. Attack bikes have two riders so can fire their heavy weapon and their twinlinked bolters

From what I understand a single model can fire only a single weapon per turn as many times as it has attacks indicated on its weapons profile. An attack bike is counted as two models I belive this is covered in the bike squad section of the codex so can fire two seperate weapons. And a physic attack that has a shooting profile is used during the shooting phase and uses up your attack that turn this is covered in the rule book under Phsycic Powers.

One. The only exceptions will be specifically listed, such as the Aux Grenade Launcher. So if he tried to fire the bike Pults, his Pistol, the psy power AND throw the Spear he was cheatin' like a sumbitch. :lol:

edit: all those replies in the 2 minutes it took to type my response? Holy cow!

From what i understand a single model can fire only a single weapon per turn as many times as it has attacks indicated on its profile. An attack bike is counted as two models I belive this is covered in the bike squad section of the codex so can fire two seperate weapons. And a physic attack that has a shooting profile is used during the shooting phase and uses up your attack that turn this is covered in the rule book under Phsycic Powers.

That is so very, very wrong. Are you saying that Dante can fire his Melta Pistol 4 times in a single phase? That's his base A after all. <_<

"Normally each model in a firing unit can fire a single weapon. Some models, including vehicles, may be able to fire more than one weapon, as detailed later."

Rulebook, page 15.

Now, that is the basic rule. A model may fire a single weapon.

Here are the two exceptions that are not vehicles:

Monstrous Creatures:

"Instead of firing a single weapon, monstrous creatures can fire two weapons once per shooting phase."

Rulebook, page 51.

Bikes:

"Each bike in a unit may fire with one weapon for each rider on the bike. Thus a Space Marine Attack Bike with a driver and passenger in sidecar can fire two weapons."

Rulebook, page 53.

Edit:

That is so very, very wrong. Are you saying that Dante can fire his Melta Pistol 4 times in a single phase? That's his base A after all.

No, as I assume he is refering to the weapon's profile. I.e. a weapon with "Assault 3" can fire three shots.

From what i understand a single model can fire only a single weapon per turn as many times as it has attacks indicated on its profile. An attack bike is counted as two models I belive this is covered in the bike squad section of the codex so can fire two seperate weapons. And a physic attack that has a shooting profile is used during the shooting phase and uses up your attack that turn this is covered in the rule book under Phsycic Powers.

That is so very, very wrong. Are you saying that Dante can fire his Melta Pistol 4 times in a single phase? That's his base A after all. <_<

I am sorry and will edit that information, you may have guessed i'm quite new to the game with me not knowing that but i have had a flick through the rule book and you are correct. You where right in your thinking in the first place had it wrong so there was no need to apologise.

Archived