Turing to Chaos

I’m thinking of turning to chaos and I just wanted to put some ideas forward and see what you guys think <_<

1. Fallen dark angles/ dark angle renegades led by Cypher. I’ve always loved Cypher and id want to base my army’s story around him

2. Kroot. After reading heroes of the space marines and reading about kroot worshiping chaos id love to put some in

3. Loads of different renegade marines from loyalist chapters such as Blood angles and Space Wolves.

4. Maybe some other models from different xenos races

5. Dark Mechanicum

let me know your thoughts and suggestions for a new chaos player.... maybe :P

I like the Dark Mechanicum idea, you could really go into town with that. Maybe have them led by Fabius Bile.

Only thing I'm not overly sure of is the inclusion of xenos in the story. Chaos aren't as 'straight-laced' when it comes to dealing with xenos as the forces of the Imperium, but I don't know that they'd really allow an ork or Eldar to live long enough to work out whether that xenos wanted to worship chaos or not. Not to mention problems figuring out rules for them, whether they'd be a "counts as" kind of choice or if you want to play out of about 4 or 5 codices.

But good luck with it! Chaos is great fun! As long as you think it looks good, you can model it and really go to town with green stuff and having crazy weaponry and daemons. Also, it's nice to have an army that's just as comfortable chopping up the enemy in ccw as it is hanging back and pouring bolter rounds into an enemy horde.

You soul is forfeit now. You belong to Chaos! ;)

Cheers,

Pegasus

I really want a mixed force, a renegade army made from a verity of warbands

My main inspiration is the Skull Harvest by Gramham McNeill. I love the idea of a powerful Chaos warlord forming a mismatch army out of the lesser warbands who flock to his banner.

you can't have traitor blood angels or space wolves since they had pure gene-seeds

Every chapter has had renegades over the years, from the Ultramarines to the Black Templar. The only group of marines to never have a member fall to the temptation of Chaos is the Grey Knights.

Indeed

I love all of the ideas. To bad we are not working with the 3.5 codex. LatD could count as kroot quite easily and if memory serves there actually were rules for fielding kroot mercenary groups with any army.

3. Loads of different renegade marines from loyalist chapters such as Blood angles and Space Wolves.

Just a random idea... But blood angels who went so crazed.... they became bezerkers :D . BA or SW would follow Khorne, there is no doubt.

4. Maybe some other models from different xenos races

Again it would be easy if you had LatD to field. One option would be to have demons and say they are your xenos reinforcements teleporting in. I could see kroot that worship chaos, or just because chaos pays good, I could see dark eldar, possibly orks in a DOW type scenario, but I can't see many more. Eldar, Necrons, and Nids are no goes.

Dark Mechanicum

I had considered doing something very similar. I was going to 'count as' thousand sons. The great inv save and ap 3 weapons are because of such great technology. Give the sorcerer doombolt, wind of chaos, or bolt of change and again its some super tech weapon. Basic thousand sons marines(dust marines) act like servitors anyways.

I can use Thunder hamers as power weapons though? I was thniking fluff wise that a Space Shark captain and his unit of terminators turn to chaos, flee to the Maelstrom and form a warband out of the miss match renegades there.

Archived