Combat Squad question

Ntin

Hey there I am coming off a hiatus from the game and have a few questions about the new Space Marine codex. I did a forum search but could not find the exact answers to my questions.

Q: If I purchased a full Tactical Squad of Marines (10). In what order does the Combat Squad special rule and the unit’s own weapon / transport purchasing rules occur? Can I purchase a flamer, a heavy bolter, and a Razorback then split the unit the squad into Combat Squads?

Q: Can I purchase both a Rhino and a Razorback for a single Tactical Squad? I see the wording on page 59 is “May select a Rhino or a Razorback”, is the inclusive or exclusive or? On the same note can I purchase a Drop Pod and either a Razorback or Rhino? For example I have a ten Space Marine squad mount them in the Drop Pod then use the Razorback as a mini-tank.

Q: If I purchased a full Tactical Squad of Marines (10). In what order does the Combat Squad special rule and the unit’s own weapon / transport purchasing rules occur? Can I purchase a flamer, a heavy bolter, and a Razorback then split the unit the squad into Combat Squads?

Unlike in past codices, you can purchase a transport for a unit larger than it's capacity now. A 10 men unit can buy a Razorback, for example. You buy and equip the units when you make your army list. Whether you want to split a 10 men unit into combat squads is decided at the moment they are deployed (if not at the beginning of the game, then at the moment before they enter the table).

Q: Can I purchase both a Rhino and a Razorback for a single Tactical Squad? I see the wording on page 59 is “May select a Rhino or a Razorback”, is the inclusive or exclusive or? On the same note can I purchase a Drop Pod and either a Razorback or Rhino? For example I have a ten Space Marine squad mount them in the Drop Pod then use the Razorback as a mini-tank.

The "or" is exclusive, I am affraid. Compare the transport option with the weapon options of the squad's sergeant, who can exchange his boltpistol "and/or" chainsword for one of the listed choices.

Archived