Which God whould have offered Abby daemonhood

nlead

Hi,

I've been wondering, which of the Chaos Gods would have offered Abby daemonhood? And if he was to take it which one would he except it from?

The reason i'm asking is that Abby doesnt worship a single god (undivided) so it seems strange that any of the Gods would offer him daemonhood. I have read lots about how Abby has probably been offered this countless times and wont take it. Are each of the Gods constantly trying to tempt him to thier side to gain an advantage over the other?

Also is it possible (fluff wise) to have an undivided Daemon Prince? Which God would elevate an undivided worshipper to that level? Rules wise this is possible but again doesnt seem to likely to happen in the fluff.

Thanks,

Nick

Can't comment on the first half but the second half. He might possibly be able to secure something close to daemonic acsension from the Soul Forge... afterall, I believe they're able to divorce Greater Daemons from their patron god, so it'd be a modified process...

Good lord, Abaddon becomes a Soul Grinder Titan... >.>

It seems that Daemon Prince-hood doesn't have to be offered by any one specific God; if one worships each of the Gods equally or Chaos as a whole, they may choose to reward their servant as a whole rather than as individuals. Since Abaddon venerates Chaos in its entirety, the prospect of daemonhood would most likely derive from all four powers.

Ignoring the fact that Abby will only accept Daemonhood stood atop the crushed Golden Throne, I'd say all 4. Since Abby worships all chaos gods equally, he wouldn't accept daemonhood from one god, otherwise it's limiting his worship to no longer worshipping chaos undivided. While the gods do fight alot of the time, they can work together at times, eg. bestowing all 4 blessings on Abby and also the Black Crusades, so most also likely bestowing daemonhood/gifts on undivided champions. Remember all 4 gods have bestowed daemonhood on the chaos undivided primarchs (Lorgar, Perturabo etc.).

I like the thought proces they laid out in the 3.5 codex. I think they even walked you through it with a story about a undivided champion becoming a deamon prince.

I don't remember that, can you post up a synposis?

In the 3.5 codex you gave diferent demonic gifts to you lord. He becam a Deamon Prince either after you had exceeded 100 pts worth of gifts or you gave him Demonic stature which ment you needed the model to represnt him anyway because of his size. Thought process was that a lord on the path to deamon prince would over time acumulate these gifts from their verious chaos patrons. It was something you had to earn and wouldn't just be given all at once.

Sheer force of will.

If he would embrace Daemonhood, it would mean he is no longer mortal. And hence would never be able to best Horus who after all, still was mortal when stricken down by the Emperor. You know the whole "I'm better than Horus ever was" thing? Can't fulfill that unless you play by the same rules. :P

TDA

I like the thought proces they laid out in the 3.5 codex. I think they even walked you through it with a story about a undivided champion becoming a deamon prince.

I don't remember that, can you post up a synposis?

Periclitor was a Space Marine of the Night Lords Legion who began his long quest to Daemonhood in 832.M33 with the Castile V massacre. Among his later triumphs were the martyrdom of Saint Jerome (called Jerome the Pure by the Imperium, and Jerome the Fool or Jerome the Blind by Periclitor's forces), the last stand of the Terran 5th Armored Prefects, battle against the Grey Knights in the Sentry Vault, the ambush and slaughter of the Howling Griffons' Chapter Master and First Company on the eve of the 5000th anniversary of their founding, and the murder of the Cardinal of Bray. The last incident touched off a series of attacks by Periclitor's forces that eventually caused the entire Trans-Kurani subsector to erupt in civil war over the issue of taxation for defence of the subsector.

Once the Braun IV Tithe Wars - as this conflict was known - was touched off, Periclitor was elevated to Daemonhood in 187.M39.

As a sidenote, the guy in the story was called Krieg Acerbus, as in, you know.. THE Krieg Acerbus.

I think that GW mixed up Periclitor's fluff with that of Acerbus Krieg. (the reference to the Castile V massacre in the old story was in fact Periclitor's work)

If he would embrace Daemonhood, it would mean he is no longer mortal. And hence would never be able to best Horus who after all, still was mortal when stricken down by the Emperor. You know the whole "I'm better than Horus ever was" thing? Can't fulfill that unless you play by the same rules. :tu:

There's also the fact that when you embrace Daemonhood you gradually become less interested with concerns of the mortal world and are drawn to the warp, so Abaddon can't successfully command his forces if his attention is drawn elsewhere. It was also mentioned in the 3.5 codex that Abbaddon has refused daemonhood after all of his Black Crusades and that he will only accept it when he is standing upon Terra with the Emperor dead and the Imperium crushed.

Why hasn't Khârn become a Daemon pirnce yet? He's single-mindedly devoted to the path of Khorne, so much that he is a lone killer.

Khârn is the only known champion of khorne to be resurrected and has been fighting for 10,000 years. He's probably killed hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of people with his own hands (assuming he kills a minimum of 30 people a year every year, which is pretty conservative given his demeanor and strength.)

And also with lucius the eternal or typhus? It makes no sense that these three haven't become DP's yet. Ahriman makes sense since he pissed Tzeencth off with his rubric.

Is it possible that the chaos gods realize that these champions will do more for them as mortals than they would as daemons? I mean, most Daemon princes retreat to the warp and just rule their own daemonworlds. So most chaos lords stop doing their god's will once they become a daemon, sorta like they're already a daemon, why continue to work for their patron's affection?

That's the only reason i can see for Lucius, typhus, and Khârn not being Daemon Princes by now. They all do way more damage and strengthen their patrons way more than they would if they became daemons.

What do you guys think?

Ahriman makes sense since he pissed Tzeencth off with his rubric.

Actually it was Tzeentch's plan (makes sense) as when Magnus was about to obliterate him, Tzeentch whispered in his ear, 'Magnus, you destroy my pawn too easily', so he was banished from the world of sorcerer's insstead, showing he is favoured by Tzeentch. :P

Is it possible that the chaos gods realize that these champions will do more for them as mortals than they would as daemons? I mean, most Daemon princes retreat to the warp and just rule their own daemonworlds. So most chaos lords stop doing their god's will once they become a daemon, sorta like they're already a daemon, why continue to work for their patron's affection?

That's pretty much it, they're more useful in the mortal realm where they have more influence/power/interest. Typhus can spread more plagues in the mortal realm and please nurgle more than killing other daemons of the Gods in the warp, it basically benefits the God's aim to destroy the Imperium more, instead of gaining more power in the warp. There's also the fact that GW makes more cash and fluff from keeping them mortal instead of making them daemon princes.

Archived