Target choice...

Cam2Designs

Guys and Gals,

I play Apocalypse more than standard 40k, so it was a shock today when I was told all the weapons on my Land Raider had to fire at the same target. That might be a "no brainer" for some people, but it doesn't make much sense to me. Side sponsons with firing arcs that don't match except when firing straight forward and weapons that are effective against different types of targets are my arguments against it. All of the weapons wouldn't be fired by the same individual crew member anyway. So, if I fire my lascannon at another tank, I can't fire the twin linked heavy bolters at all...why bother as it won't hurt a tank anyway? It just about makes a Land Raider way overpriced to take to just run some Termies around...might as well deep strike them. Anyone feel the same way or should I just "get over it"...

I'll definitely have to vote for "get over it" :D. The only vehicles that can fire at different targets are super-heavies, so unless you've been using only those types of vehicles and never, ever regular vehicles, I suppose it would come as a shock. Some special rules do exist though; for Space Marines land raiders, the power of the machine spirit allows one weapon to be fired at a different target. The Tau have a vehicle upgrade to allow all weapons to fire at different targets.

Point taken. I have only played Apoc over the last year or so except for a couple of times when it never came up. And even though I played Space Marines when I first started playing in 4th ed, I don't remember Power of the Machine Spirit at all...or at least it doing something different. I play chaos now...and we get jack in that area. What I wouldn't give for a Dreadnought that isn't Crazed! But I digress...I am sure that the rule has some reason for being that way, I just think that it is counter-intuitive. Oh, and the last regular game I played this weekend was against Tau and he did apparently have something that allowed him to fire all weapons at different targets and that just added to my frustration! :) So this is me "getting over it"...let me go get my super-heavy... :)

Archived