Mmm, planetstrike fun

Seahawk

So I found my first Word Bearers build I love as attacker:

Warmaster Davroth (Abaddon rules count-as)

4x 5 Terminators

4x 10 Daemons

2 Defilers w/all claws

2000 points.

Everything except the defilers assaults the turn it deep strikes, while the defilers crawl on and likely assault by the 2nd turn on the board, if not the 1st. The various chainfists carve up all the bastions I just DS-ed next to, let all the daemons out the next turn to assault all the newly expelled inhabitants. It worked beautifully against IG today. By the end of the 3rd turn it was basically mopping up. Wiped the board by the 5th turn while still having pretty much half my models on the table.

Anyone else have fun planetstrike experiences yet?

Doing mega battles at my store simulating Damnos (as a Crimson Fist player).

Assault terminators are the win so far in my opinion. I had 5 stop 5 columns of Necron Destroyers and tie them up in Melee for 4 straight turns, ending with 12 dead destroyers before we "timed out" a turn and I finally killed a squad in my own turn, thus exposing them to gun fire. It was the last turn of the game as they died, but they decimated everything with that first turn assault. I also got a first turn Monolith kill with a Vindicator as a defender. Those are the biggest highlights of my two games so far, they were mega battles as I said though, so the tactics aren't solidifying yet because there is too much chaotic stuff going on with over 20k of models spread across three table boards.

All in all, I love it. I anticipate all things with Deep Strike and good close combat skills becoming dominant forces.

...Abbadon is BL...forget it

Sorry, but no. He's a counts-as Warmaster Davroth, a legitimate fluff Word Bearers character of massive standing. So I guess I should put his WB name in parentheses. A few months? Why so long?

Archived