meltaguns vs vehicles

alloyslayer

hi, i have only played a few games in 5th edition and have already used searchy but to no avail. might be a "nooby" question but how do meltaguns work against vehicles? i know if they are in 6 inches they get to roll 2 dice for penetration but do they add together. example: i roll a 4 and a 3 against a land raider, do i pick the highest or do add them together to get 15? also if i get a penetrating hit do i roll 2 dice to see what damage happens or is it just the 1.

any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

The second d6 for Melta weapons is indeed in addition to the regular armour penetration of S+d6, which makes Melta weapons some of teh best weapons against vehicles in the game, as long as you manage to get them within the short range where their special rule is effective. The AP1 is nice against vehicles too, though.

Also note that while Ordnance weapons also roll 2d6 for armour penetration, with them you pick the highest of the two dice.

Remember that it's not always 6". In the case of meltaguns it would be that distance for the extra die, but there are multi-meltas, that fire farther, so it's half the distance of it's farthest range, when it comes to all melta type guns.

Archived