My DemonHunters Blog

Hey all,

I have been toying with creating a Demonhunters army, but I really couldn't bring my self to the metal models (the models are great, but the metal really wasn't customizable). I have decided to 'blog' about it so people can see the army as it grows. So I finally started working on them, I wanted to create on from start to finish to see if it works. Here is the test model. Please let me know how it looks.

EDIT --

I have corrected the Links.

gallery_37706_3777_521.jpggallery_37706_3777_80756.jpg

gallery_37706_3777_163242.jpggallery_37706_3777_128758.jpg

I like him,its a good simple conversion,he's in a nice pose and the painting and the base are good too.

However i personally really dislike the green cables on the force weapon,it just doesnt seem to sit right with the grey/metal.

Always nice to see plastic convertions for Grey knights so i think i'll keep an eye on this.

Good work man,

Mikey.

Thanks for the comments

@twiggy - Yeah, he did come out a little darker than I intended. I will probably just put that in the 'I've been around a long time, so my armour is used' section. LOL

@chaplainmikey - Thanks. I to, found the green a little offputting. I ended up shading it, so it looks grimier and not 'plopped on'.

I also changed the pad iconography (the bronze didn't look right).

Again, thanks. These guys won't take too long to paint, or to convert. So hopefully we will see some updates.

"Oh, lovely!" was the first thought that popped into my mind upon seeing the first pic. And that hasn't changed. I personally have no problems with the deep grey, although perhaps stronger silver highlights might be a bit of an improvement if you find it problematical? Thinking about chaplainmikey's remarks re. the green cables, I can only suggest that a dark blue might work better? I know the effect you're after, being a longstanding fan of using cables and other details to locate flashes of bright colour in otherwise rather monochrome miniatures - the blue might tie in better with the rest of the scheme. Hope this helps you with your already striking work. ;)

So I have the 2nd model converted, here are the pics so far. I think I am going to focus on converting them all then painting them all. Lemme know what you think abou the conversion, as I haven't painted him as of yet.

http://nickdbarron.250free.com/Pics/Models/Warhammer40k/GK/GKT2-01.jpghttp://nickdbarron.250free.com/Pics/Models/Warhammer40k/GK/GKT2-02.jpg

http://nickdbarron.250free.com/Pics/Models/Warhammer40k/GK/GKT2-03.jpg

I like what you've done so far and I find that I really enjoy the conversions of the force weapon and stormbolter.

I would suggest maybe washing him in Asurmen Blue instead of the Badab Black. I think it'll help with the Aegis Armour effect and tie your conversions into the the standard look a little more.

So far so good though!

I like what you've done so far and I find that I really enjoy the conversions of the force weapon and stormbolter.

Indeed. I was thinking myself how I liked the way the storm hammer had been converted. I might try something similar myself with a project I have in mind. :)

I would suggest maybe washing him in Asurmen Blue instead of the Badab Black. I think it'll help with the Aegis Armour effect and tie your conversions into the the standard look a little more.

So far so good though!

The blue wash idea strikes me as worth investigating. My experience using blue washes over boltgun metal means that I'd suggest it'd have to be much thinner than a black wash; to avoid over tinting the metallics. But then, I've not used any of the new washes yet. Hope this helps. ;)

Archived