Thinking of Starting Chaos...

Oradow

I've been starting to feel somewhat bored with my mechanized Grey Knights force, and my thoughts have lingered to starting a Chaos Space Marine Legion. I'm somewhat torn to what I'd like however. I'd like something viable, fluffy, and fun for both players. Somewhat of a hard balance to find don't you think?

I'm leaning toward an undivided warband filled with large units of infiltrating Chosen Space marines armed to the teeth with devastating short ranged weaponry (meltas and flamers). They would then be backed up by a smattering of all four of the Cult marines in their respective sacred numbers mounted in Rhinos with Vindicator support. The Chosen would be in units of 10 as it is likely they'll take heavy losses. If all goes according to plan then my Chosen marines will cause all sorts of havoc amongst the enemy whilst my Cult marines zoom up to wherever the battle needs them most. The vindicators during this time will pour fire into the enemy's strongest positions whilst making a steady advance.

What I would like to know is if this setup would be fun to play with or against and if it isn't terribly underpowered. I was also considering the thought of building a dedicated Death Guard force as an entire army of Plague marines with FnP is quite tantalizing.

Any thoughts to the basic army idea above?

Archived