Hurrican Bolter (rapid fire) on Crusader question

joeshmoe

Do Radpid fire rules apply to Hurricane Bolters on LRC's?...one shot at 24inch / 2 shot at 12inch? Does movement of the LRC effect this?

Also, I want to run my Rhino's with 2 storm bolters. Can I fire both (since they are both strength 4 defensive weapons) if i move 12inches?

Thanks much.

Yes to the first two questions

SJ

Almost.

BRB pg 58

"In addition, the normal penalties of movement on shooting rapid fire and heavy weapons do not apply - when fired from a vehicle, these weapon types always fire as if the firing model had not moved, regardless of whether it actually did or not."

Mycroft

Still couldn't fire if it moved at cruising speed, regardless of weapon type.

Yes, that is true; but he didn't ask that. He asked about shooting defensive weapons on a cruising speed rhino.

I was correcting the error in the first response; he needs to know that the speed of vehicle doesn't affect his ability to fire at full range with Rapid Fire weapons.

Mycroft

Yes to the first two questions

SJ

Almost.

BRB pg 58

"In addition, the normal penalties of movement on shooting rapid fire and heavy weapons do not apply - when fired from a vehicle, these weapon types always fire as if the firing model had not moved, regardless of whether it actually did or not."

Mycroft

note that this quote relates to the use of the hurricane bolters - they still are rapid fire, but as they are mounted on a vehicle may be fired at full range even if it moved. the bullets above this quote (left column, page 58) say that a vehicle that moves at cruising speed may not fire weapons. 12" is cruising speed (>6in) so no weapons. if the rhino moves 6in or less, then both storm bolters may fire.

Archived