Wound Allocation

Dedecus

Forgive my ignorance, :lol: I'm used to the old 4th ed rules.

My question is simple: Wound allocation. What happens to spill over wounds?

I always have problems explaining what I mean, so I'll give you an example:

My squad of 10 marines consists of a sarge, Meltagun and MM and gets hit with 21 wounds. Now then, I know I have to assign 2 wound to each guy and I have 1 wound left, so I put it on a regular marine. Now I roll roll for each group, pass both on the sarge, both on the mm, fail both on the meltagun, and 12 of the 15 on the regular marines. So! heres where the question kicks in: 3 regular marines die, and so does the meltagun, this I understand, but the meltagun guy failed 2 and only has 1 wound. So what happens to the other wound? Does the it just disappear or does another marine die?

Thanks for your help :)

• 2 weeks later...
I was wondering about this last night - do you take all of the 15 saves on normal guys together, where failing 3 means 3 die. If you rolled the same 15 dice, but separatley for each man, there is a chance that 2 or more of failures being on the same guy, meaning perhaps only 2 would die. I don't think you're allowed to do this but can someone confirm please?

Groups of identical models are rolled together. BRB pg.25 Taking Saving Throws .
Which is why, if you're taking a Terminator Squad, it helps to take a couple of Chainfists. That upgrade alone allows you to subdivide a 5-man squad into 3 groups. Add a heavy weapon and you get 4 groups. This also works for squads of Vets (Command, Sternguard, Vanguard, etc.).

Archived