Disabled or destroyed?

yodaid764

*grumbles about paying the price of a scout to weld iron plates onto his iron warmachines*

Thats actually one of my biggest bones with the new codex, I could see 10... but 15 seems an overreaction.

Considering the survivability it grants the simple dread, its worth it. In fact the Dread is the only "vehicle" which is worth always putting it on...it keeps you moving, allowing the assault; it prevents you from losing 1 more attack in CC, meaning maybe you will continue to kill 1 enemy model a round...AV 12 is still tough to penetrate in assault (unless you are an MC...) but easy to glance...

The only things I take extra armor on are critical units.

For example a rhino with a tac squad doesn't seem worht the points to me. 15 pt upgrade for a 35 pt vehicle... no thanks.

However, I will put extra armor on that same rhino if it is transporting a squad of sternguard with He'Stan as well. This is a make-or-break kind of unit, so it REALLY needs to be where I need it.

I will always pay to put extra armor on a land raider, as it's a 240-250 pt hunk of crap if it gets stunned somewhere random. And as said before, the squad inside is a make-or-break kind of unit, so they warrant the extra expenditure.

I will take extra armor for dreads if I have the points to spare, however, I usually spend those points somewhere else. More often than not, I use Ironclads instead, which come with extra armor. So, I don't have to think about it.

It's all based on what I value the unit as.

Archived