Minimum Range

My buddy who plays IG aksed me if the Basilisk can fire under the 36" minimum if he has true line of sight... I searched the rules and came up with NO, am I missing anything?

I told him to go with the Medusa instead of the Basilisk, being a Wolf guy I am P.O.'d the IG get a Vindi with 2 different types of ammo and 1' to 2' more range.

Rulebook page 58. Ordnance Barrage weapons can either be fired directly (with LOS) just like an Ordnance weapon, ignoring the minimum range from the weapon's profile, or they can be fired as a Barrage, in which case they use the barrage rules, can target unit out of LOS, cause pinning (with -1) and all that.

Also of note is that a Barrage weapon can also fire at a unit that is partially within its minimum range, so long as the targeted model is outside of it. Say you have a squad that ranges from 10" away from the Basilisk behind a tall wall, to 14" away. So long as the Basilisk targets the model at the far end of the formation (14" away), it's legal.

Anyways, minimum range is minimum range. Regardless.

Unless you fire directly, like Ordnance, in which case the minimum range is ignored.

But you are correct about the IG tanks. The Colossus, the Griffon and the Deathstrike are not able to fire directly. The Basilisk and the Manticore are the only IG artillery tanks that can fire both directly and indirectly.

Archived