Tigurius Gift of Prescience Question

Played a very frusterating 2 vs 2 game yesterday and the first against Tigurius (hero hammer) and the opponent without checking with us first on the wording tells us emphatically that smurfarius can make us reroll our reserve rolls. Which REALLY screwed up the game for my partner and I since we were playing 85% deathwing with a few other units. The wording I suppose could be seen that its ALL reserve rolls but it really seem shady to think that IMO. I would assume it only meant his own reserves and not the enemy... Otherwise theres no point at all with leaving anything in reserve vs him.

Whats the deal on this skill?

**also: can you Gate out of a vehicle? Like say a LR?

What he said. Tigurius allows the player to choose to re-roll reserve rolls. It does not enable him to "choose that reserve rolls have to be re-rolled". If the player did not roll himself in the first place, there is no re-rolling for him to be done. The enemy and his rolls are unaffected by that.

Regarding Tigurius' special rules:

Games Workshop FAQ Page

Look at page 3 of the main rulebook FAQ. The question, "Am I able to gain the benefits of any opponents wargear....", doesn't seem to directly apply at first, as it begins by discussing teleport homers, icons, etc. However, it later states as a general principle, you cannot use or gain benefits from the wargear or special rules of an opponents army.

I suppose somebody could be 'that guy', and still want to reroll your reserve rolls; however, I'm fairly sure I know how most of my friends would interpret the rules, and I'm pretty sure I know how most tournament organizers would interpret the rules.

Archived