Flamer Termicide

However, dumping this stuff on a burna squad is premo. You dont see them often but when you do, you have to do something about them. A billion attacks on the charge along with power weapons = lose. Also the ever present biker nob squad is an on going issue.

off topic, but any reason why you don't see them often?

they seem incredible...flamers that can than be used as power weapons in an assault? seems ridiculous NOT to take a unit or two.

However, dumping this stuff on a burna squad is premo. You dont see them often but when you do, you have to do something about them. A billion attacks on the charge along with power weapons = lose. Also the ever present biker nob squad is an on going issue.

off topic, but any reason why you don't see them often?

they seem incredible...flamers that can than be used as power weapons in an assault? seems ridiculous NOT to take a unit or two.

its a competition for slots thing I think. If I remember correctly, Burna's are elites, so are Nobs (bikers, mega-armored etc.) and loota's. So orks get to choose uber CC squads, uber maneuverable cc squads, or long range shooting for transport busting that they desperately need or....burna's.

Personally I like burna's and their might be an army concept to be built around burna's and battlewagons.....but you'd have to ask over at Da Waagh.

EH

a half dozen storm troopers exiting a scouted-rapid fire valkyrie

People actually use Storm Troopers? ;)

Compared to Veterans, they look like crap.

Well, I use a fluffy Chaos army, so I can't really comment :D

Compared to Veterans, they look like crap.
Depending on what you want to do, it's actually the very opposite in my experience.

I'll also have to shoot down flamercide squads. Termicides aren't that good to begin with, and flamer squads would just get worse. I would agree with the other idea with roasting Loota squads. With my loyalists I drop pod a flamer dreadnought on my friend's lootas, and it cleans them out rather quick.

Having had burna boyz used against me by the same player...it hurts. In a small point game once, his 10 boyz in a trukk zoomed up and unloaded their flames from the trukk, as it's open-topped. Some good rolling later and my 5 man squad took 38 wounds, promptly dying. He never disembarked, just flamed everything. With a mek + field in the trukk too, I could never damage the darn thing.

I'll also have to shoot down flamercide squads. Termicides aren't that good to begin with, and flamer squads would just get worse. I would agree with the other idea with roasting Loota squads. With my loyalists I drop pod a flamer dreadnought on my friend's lootas, and it cleans them out rather quick.

I've mentioned this before and I think it still holds up. Chaos can/should use Terminators in much the same way as Loyalists use Droppodding Dreadnoughts.

The cost of the units is approximately the same depending on loadout, type of Dreadnought etc etc and they both accomplish the same basic function. To drop in behind enemy lines, disable/destroy a significant target and then act as a decoy/disruption for the opponent.

I agree. The thing that keeps them a distraction is the heavy flamer. Even heavy mech lists will have a few poped transports by turn 3-4 and they will have to deal with the termicide unit if they want to protect those assests. Without the H flamer a smart general may decide to ignore the unit altogether once the combi meltas are gone.

I agree. The thing that keeps them a distraction is the heavy flamer. Even heavy mech lists will have a few poped transports by turn 3-4 and they will have to deal with the termicide unit if they want to protect those assests. Without the H flamer a smart general may decide to ignore the unit altogether once the combi meltas are gone.

Exactly my thought, for a small price you turn a specialized squad into a more well rounded threat.

Looks like overall, the Flamer Termicide idea isn't incredibly viable. You're better off going with Combi-Meltas and possibly a Heavy Flamer instead.

Now Combi-Plasma on the other hand, I have heard good things with these squads, especially with more Terminators.

5 Terminators dumping 10 Plasma shots into a squad will down most MCs or gut another Terminator squad and at the same time they're pretty solid against rear armor AV10.

Archived