Maelstrom?

Argon

Okay, so my DIY Renegades, the Oblivion Knights (currently undergoing a massive fluff overhaul) are going to set up shop in the Maelstrom. The problem is that the fluff doesn't mention many of the forces in and around the Maelstrom. Do any of my Chaos brothers know the answer to this question?

The ones that I know of:

Word Bearers (Ghalmek)

Astral Claws (They would have been defending the Imperium at the time we discovered the glory to Chaos)

and Orks

Am I missing anyone else? Feel free to mention your own DIY if you want to.

But you have other smaller, less shiny warp storms like the Storm of the Emperor's Wrath and the Well of Shadows, places that GW hasn't developed a background yet. You can "colonize" any of them and make it your own.

just my own home-brew fluff, but my DIY force, the Fallen (templars) reside on/in the warp entity Ho'ru Sek (a fully possesed space hulk, traped for eternity in the maelstrom after being banished there by the ordo mallius). Ho'ru Sek allows them to live on and within him, provided they continualy sacrifice machines to him (ships, vehicles, powerfull weapons and artifacts, ect...) so he may eternaly grow.

otherwise, information on the badab uprising may have better details on forces in the aria.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Badab_War

just my own home-brew fluff, but my DIY force, the Fallen (templars) reside on/in the warp entity Ho'ru Sek (a fully possesed space hulk, traped for eternity in the maelstrom after being banished there by the ordo mallius). Ho'ru Sek allows them to live on and within him, provided they continualy sacrifice machines to him (ships, vehicles, powerfull weapons and artifacts, ect...) so he may eternaly grow.

otherwise, information on the badab uprising may have better details on forces in the aria.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Badab_War

I tried that, but it didn't give me much info I coiuld actually use.

But you have other smaller, less shiny warp storms like the Storm of the Emperor's Wrath and the Well of Shadows, places that GW hasn't developed a background yet. You can "colonize" any of them and make it your own.

True, but the Maelstrom fits my purposes very well, and it's not quite as bad as the Eye of Terror. I like to think of the Maelstrom as the suburbs to the Eye's crowded city.

Archived