Vanguard Wip

Its my vanguard :D First one is done, did him a little while a go second one is wip, 3rd is wip and the other two (Lets not go there!)

Sarge

gallery_40194_2919_359647.jpg

Athios

gallery_40194_2919_455340.jpg

Rados

gallery_40194_2919_66860.jpg

Demios

gallery_40194_2919_74346.jpg

Tell me what you think pictures of the other one will follow :P

Sorry bout picture quality

First i started off with Watered down ice blue on each on right hand side and then on the left mitheral silver. Then red for decals, eg. Aquilla, Skulls, Bolters (no 2. so far) and trim. And then on the left i gave a medium wash of Badab Black which gives the desired effect. And on the Right i gave a medium wash of Asurmen blue to the Ice blue To give the effect.

Comments and Criticism welcome and wanted, All helps build up better skills.

Thanks,Cs

Can't see much in the pics. The first guy is out of focus. Your camera focused on the objects in the background, instead of the Marine.

Try taking a sheet of clean, white office paper, and placing it behind your model. That will force the camera to focus on the details of the Marine, instead of all the little things in the background.

Then, crop your shots to include ONLY the Marine. This will allow a larger pic for the same file size.

• 2 months later...

Much better photos.

Not too bad on the paintjobs. One thing you might consider is going back over the blue and cleaning up the wash areas with your base color and cutting the shadows back into just the recesses of the armor. It'll make them look a little crisper with clean lines.

• 8 months later...

Archived