Angel of Vengeance

51XV8

This is my 3rd marine and my first space marine conversion. I just wanted to see what people think of it so far and what add on or changes I should make.

This is a dry fit of what he might look like.

gallery_38333_3801_2929612.jpg

and this is the possibly finished body and legs

gallery_38333_3801_3522897.jpg

I like the pose overall.

I'll echo pointing the helmet-stepping foot to match the facing of the head.

Also, I know you said it's a dry-fit, but the Marine's right lower leg is a little off-kilter to his upper leg. Looks like his bones aren't lined up right. Be sure to line it up when you affix it permanently.

When I said dry fit I meant the arms, head, and pack, the body and legs are all glued down. I should have made that more clear.

I agree on that the left foot is pointed inward a little to much, but I'm going to make the head faceing forward more so it will not look as strange. The lower leg looks like it is to far back in the photos but I think its do to the lighting.

I will post side shots of him soon. I plan to add a purity seal on the right side of his body, and I also plan to make the left soulder pad have slots in it so it looks like its made out of strips of armor.

• 4 weeks later...

It realy does not look that odd, and it was dry by the time I posted it so it was ether use the legs or scratch the whole thing and start over.

Heres the tactical marine.

gallery_38333_3801_1517040.jpg

gallery_38333_3801_2790928.jpg

They look very nice, and the freehand on both of them are great, but how do you paint that black? It's probably the coolest black I've ever seen done on a marine. Do you drybrush grey onto a black base, but only on the raised areas, or do you layer it on?

Thanks for all of the feed back, and Master Kashnizel I use a basecoat of chaos black mixed with a little bit of codex grey and then use a thin wash of scorched brown over the whole thing then continue to highlight with grey and black mixes. I mostly use line highlights but I also highlight some of the larger rased areas (top of arms, elbows, chest...) part way through it always turns out looking too greyish but once finished it looks like black armor. I plan to work on my gradual highlights and to start moving away from mostly edge highlights on my next model though, hope I have time to convert him soon.

-Any cool ideas or advice for poses would be welcomed (reloading, stabing, running...)

although the foot is bothersome when this guy is 5" tall on the screen, it will hardly matter from more than a foot away on the table. i think a quick clippers+green job could turn it really easily but it's hard to knock the (final?) product

(^.^)

d=||=b

Archived