Scout Sergeant Babbitt, with powerfist

Pendrecki

Here is a link to my newest scout marine, Sgt. Babbitt.

http://s648.photobucket.com/albums/uu206/P...=SgtBabbitt.jpg

I'm a Raven Guard Player, and I'm working on a 10th company project, mostly scouts.

I'm most interested in ideas on how to paint more realistic fatigues, and I'm focused on armor highlights as well.

This mini needs basing as well as a chapter/ squad symbols, I'll tackle those after I get the majority of the units painted most of the way. This particular one has its gloss coat on, but I'm holding off for the insignias before the final dullcoat.

The carapace armor is (using game/model colors) glossy black, german grey, basalt grey.

I'm concerned that once the gloss hits the model, the contrast between the levels of highlights disappears. Also, even with a light touch, the badab wash comes off of the ivory undercoat, when I apply gloss.

Hey pendreki

if you put img brackets at the front and back of the link it will show the pic on this page.

at%20the%20front at the end

The model looks pretty mean, is that a filed down lightening claw i see?

Also are you running the 10th company using C:SM 5th ed or are you using homegrown rules?

GC08

Doh! Here ya go...

http://s648.photobucket.com/albums/uu206/Pendrecki/?action=view¤t=SgtBabbitt.jpg&newest=1/

I assembled the sgt. a long while ago, but yeah, I think I ran out of power fists, so I had to improvise! I like the idea of a grizzled vetran opting to stay with the fresh recruits and scout armor...

I followed the path of least resistance, and used 5th ed, sm codex. I justify the other unit types in the mix (the codex shows the 10th being all scout units, doesn't it?) by having the RG 10th be more of an ait/basic training program, so there are fledgling assualt marines, tactical squads and devastators. Additional assets provided are to provide combined arms training.

Still, I'm going to have 2 close cobat kitted out scout squads, a bolter team of scouts, a sniper team, and slowly I'm collecting 10 bikes to make up scout bike squads. The remaining squads are 2 tactical squads, 1 assault squad, and a devastator squad. I'm about half way to completing the purchasing of the company. (yes and only maybe an 8th of it is painted!)

he looks good I doing the same thing but my scouts are OD green with all black fatigues and fists

to weather the fatugies and armour try airbrushing (if you have one) FUTURE floor wax over model wait two days for it to dry then use the badad black wash

other wise just gloss the whole model, let dry and then wash

Yep, a little glitch with my pict recorder... Thanks for the leg up GC08, I've got it figured out for the next time I post. Will check out the materials you suggested, and get back to you.

So, you suggest washes after the gloss coat war009? Cool, I'll try that out. It was a little dispiriting, but I'm doing my best to rely on washes, less and less. Its an issue of control for me, I also switched to the wash products after I had just gotten the basics of mixing and using ink.

Archived