Librarian conversion

Moshutta

Just thought I'd post the progress with my first librarian conversion.

I've used the stripped torso and legs of a DA veteran and a force halberd from a GK that someone at the local game club very kindly donated :lol:

I used the famous pauldron-to-hood trick for the psychic hood.

But at the moment I am kid of stuck with the pose, I have 3 options I can do, just swapping the right arm and the head.

Overall I think prefer the helmeted version, but the one with the bare head just seems to make a more dynamic pose.

What do you guys think?

gallery_45285_3693_301317.jpg

C&C welcome!

Option 3 is definately the better battle pose. He's dishing it out vader stylie! Just a personal thing for me, i hate the half bionic head would go for a different bare head, but thats just me!

Option #3 awsome battle pose and allot cooler in my opinion and i like the half bionic head so ceep it or maby add one of the terminator heads whithout the helmet? the one from ordinary terminators have a stern face and the one from assault terminators have one roaring out the "wrath of the emperor" in a blase of fury kind of way :lol:

Option 2, but please rethink the use of that inhuman looking missile launcher hand. I see it all the time and something about how flat it is along with the right angle at the thumb really destroys any librarian that it is attached to. Maybe a nice bolt pistol instead?

Cool, thanks for the feedback people! :lol:

We have 4 votes against 2 in favor of option #3

I do like the praying pose, but it looks like its going to be the battle pose so far.

rusty1109 / Xavier Targhost: I know, I wish I had another head to use but I ran out, the only other options I have is a robed head and the head from the rhino commander, which is strangely enormous!!! I'm going to try and scrounge for some heads at the club this week...

LuNCHBiZZLe: I know! You are right, that's I what I wanted to do, but it's such I tight fit with the custom hood that there is no space for the helmet to turn much...

Rapture747: I see what you mean about the shape of the hand, but I am planning some nifty GS tweaks that will make it much nicer I think :D

Fenris127: That was actually a chainsword arm with the sword chopped off and a hand from the missile launcher arm attached :)

Option 1: Looks like he's wispering something

Option 2: Daily Librarian prayers

Option 3: Chargin his lazah! lol!

I'd say pose 3 would be best. Slap a few GS psycic flames or lightening bolts on his casting hand and he's ready for a lick of paint!

And now for something completely different... What I like about #2 is the line from his eyes through his hand. When I put a space marine together, I always try to make sure that the pose centres around where the marine is looking. I believe this gives dynamic action poses strength and unity. What I am going to suggest therefore is that you use the force weapon instead of the hand to create the line of vision from the eyes, and give the other hand the librarian's shooter, as someone else has suggested. I'm not suggesting this because there's anything in particular wrong with any of the 3 poses you've put up. I'm just suggesting an alternative you might like to investigate.

Other than that, #2 for me; because that's the only one where I can see the strong focus of "here's looking at you sucker!" :blink:

Archived