Sons of Orar - 1st Company Veterans

Hi, first post here. Decided to make a WiP of my Sons of Orar Veterans. Before I start, I don't game, so I don't plan on painting any plastic squads or anything. These are for display, hence the amount of time I spend, and the bases I use. Here's the first, the Ltd. Ed. Veteran Sergeant. Took 12 hours. I used NMM, and if you like you can vote for it on CMoN -> http://www.coolminiornot.com/226861

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/4228/rimg0169.jpg

Cheers!

Wow man, very nice.

Your Red is crazy nice, and your nmm is fantastic. The whole mini looks very smooth.

Keep it up!

Are you going to paint an army like this? Or just showcase mini's and the like?

- MMC

Here's what I hope to do in the following months:

5 Vanguards

5 Sternguards

10 Normal Veterans

4 Chapter Masters

3 more Ltd. Ed. Veteran Sergeants (2008 GD mini (converted w/ jump pack to lead vanguards), 2004 Army Box mini, 2005 Sgt. Aurelius)

In my personal opinion I would have to say that model is perfect. Its absolutely stunning! Congratulations on doing a superb job. Its definately something for other painters to aspire to!

Keep up the good work. Would love to see more of your minis ;)

Thanks peoples :P

The white is done simply by working codex grey grey up to pure skull white. Just keep layering and blending with increasing amounts of white until you have just skull white on the edges.

So, here's what two of the other three sergeants (which arrived this morning) look like:

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/131/rimg0170.jpg

First one is just your bog standard Sgt. Aurelius LE, but the second is the 2008 GD marine with champion helmet and when it arrives, a jump pack. He will be the leader of the vanguard veterans, his pose looks jump pack-like also (and the standard head is godawful anyway, the helmet is much better IMO). The sternguards, vanguards and chapter masters should arrive tomorrow. I have yet to get my hands on the army box sergeant (w/ mohawk), so if you know of one let me know.

"Oh!" I exclaimed on sight. Scrolling down to reply, I decided that's drop dead gorgeous. I'm saving it for reference when next I start work on a techmarine. In the meantime, could you post your red recipie? BTW, 10/10 in CMoN. :lol:

Ashen-Shugar.

Nice job on the painting.. its some good stuff.. I always wanted to get good at painting and if I do I want to open up a paint shop like bluetablepainting or something.. and just get a lot of good painters to join me.. You would be on the list.
lol

- Drexsun

Thanks once again :D

The Vanguard Champion is moving along fairly quickly... the red is done and the white is almost done - the two largest areas on him. I should be done by tomorrow (excluding jump pack).

sonofwaranddeath, I've finally managed to get him, he's on his way to me as we speak, so I'm super happy! ^_^

I'll be working on the vanguard champion today, and I'll post pics tomorrow whether he's done or not, Drexsun.

Cheers.

Ashen-Shugar,

Okay I look foreword to checking back today after work to see how he is going. I get payed today so I maybe heading to my local game shop and picking up my Space Marine Codex and a model or two.. then tomorrow I am going to pick up some paints so I can start painting myself. Maybe post some stuff so you can see my crap work. Hehe.

- Drexsun

Archived