Khan, Razorbacks and outflanking.

I had a friend ask this on other forums and he got no answer, so when I got home tonight...I figured BnC would be the place to go!

You have Khan. Units in his army can outflank.

10 man squad with a Razorback. The squad can't split, because you do that only at deployment, or when a drop pod lands. So does the razorback prevent the squad from outflanking?

No.

When they deploy via outflank you combat squad them, and one half can go in the transport, the other half will half to footslog.

As they are the same unit with dedicated transport you only role one reserve roll for them..

Gc08

I'll have to check up the exact rules, so I'm not 100% sure I've remembered the rules correctly.

Choosing to put a squad coming in from reserve in a transport is made during Deployment, while choosing to Combat Squad is made when the squad is put on the table. So the squad can be put in reserve (don't remember clearly enough if the transport also needs to be put in reserve if the squad is, don't think so), but it can only enter the table from reserve in the razorback if its small enough to fit. So a 10 man squad with transport can't enter the table with one combat squad in the transport.

The squad can still choose to outflank, and so can the razorback, and since they're two different units (i.e. one hasn't joined the other as is the case for independent characters or one hasn't embarked the other as in this case) they roll two different reserve rolls. The reason being that you choose on a unit to unit basis if they're in reserve or not, as well as if they're entering in a special way (deep strike or outflank), and whether they're joined to another unit in one way or another (joined/embarked).

Right, but the outflanking rule says the unit must come in embarked on their transport.

If you look at the language of Khan, it seems as if dedicated transports get the outflank ability for themselves, not just because they have a squad that can.....

I'll have to check up the exact rules, so I'm not 100% sure I've remembered the rules correctly.

Choosing to put a squad coming in from reserve in a transport is made during Deployment, while choosing to Combat Squad is made when the squad is put on the table. So the squad can be put in reserve (don't remember clearly enough if the transport also needs to be put in reserve if the squad is, don't think so), but it can only enter the table from reserve in the razorback if its small enough to fit. So a 10 man squad with transport can't enter the table with one combat squad in the transport.

The squad can still choose to outflank, and so can the razorback, and since they're two different units (i.e. one hasn't joined the other as is the case for independent characters or one hasn't embarked the other as in this case) they roll two different reserve rolls. The reason being that you choose on a unit to unit basis if they're in reserve or not, as well as if they're entering in a special way (deep strike or outflank), and whether they're joined to another unit in one way or another (joined/embarked).

wrong, combat squad is done during deployment, since putting units into reserve is done at deployment you can combat squad them and put one squad in the razorback and outflank, you can also choice to hold one squad in reserve and have the other combat squad deploy at the beging, because raw state "when deploying"and combat squading raw states "can combat squad when deployed"and "treated as a sperate unit from the rest of the game"

ah but units coming on from reserve are also "deployed". it's another case (usually this involves "move") of a single word being used when a consistant synonym choice for the game mechanic would have mad ethings so much clearer.

wrong, combat squad is done during deployment, since putting units into reserve is done at deployment you can combat squad them and put one squad in the razorback and outflank, you can also choice to hold one squad in reserve and have the other combat squad deploy at the beging, because raw state "when deploying"and combat squading raw states "can combat squad when deployed"and "treated as a sperate unit from the rest of the game"

Nope your wrong. Pg 94 "when deploying their army, players may choose not to deploy one or more of the units in their army and instead leave them in reserve"

You can combat squad when the unit is deployed. It does not say: You must chose to decide to split the unit during the initial deployment phase.

Under rolling for reserves it states: Pick one of the units arriving and deploy it.

Archived