How to burn worlds or save the day?

ChaosPhoenix

...according to the Planetstrike book every Infantry unit is able to deepstrike or did I get something wrong?

Mmm, good point. One that, in the dead of night, I forgot. I'll give it more thought.

@eyes

That kind of commentary doesn't deserve further response.

*Sigh* Are you people trying to find power lists for Planetstrike? You shouldn't do pickup Planetstrike games anyway, and besides the jeske and Zhukov, I don't think any of you are WAAC players.

You're right about that. I wouldn't do it in private, but this list is for a 10 week campaign in our local Games Workshop. I don't want to ruin the imperiums chances. I can feel the preasure :P

WAAC = Win At All Costs

I consider this part of the conversation silly and suggest that we move on. I prefer tacos, btw.

Oh, and for the record, no I don't play WAAC 40k at this time. I, frankly, don't think of 40k as a WAAC game. I see it as a hobby. I do play WHFB on a WAAC basis, along with MtG, Backgammon, and Chess. But who cares, right?

Let's get back to the original subject: What other general, helpful suggestions can be made for basic Planetstrike?

I didn't get to play today, but I watched some games.

Assault Marines are very useful in offense and in defense. The offensive part is more obvious but in defense they're great to disrupt the enemy. They can kill Crisis Suits, Broadsides, Artillery which aren't prepared for it.

I don't know the exact english name but "escape tunnels" are a great defensive asset for an offensive surprise. You can "escape" the building next to a unit which you want to assault.

Solo crisis suits with shield drones are much more dangerous than they look (as attackers). I've got Tau too and never used them solo since the 5th edition. At 1000pts the Space Marine player had to split his firepower between those solo Crisis and the return fire seemed more deadly. On the other hand, the Marine player just started 40k.

But I've got another question. Since we've got an advantage in the campaign, I'm allowed to give a single unit one special rule out of the core rulebook. I'm thinking about infiltrating dreadnoughts or feel no pain terminators or relentless devastator squads... any ideas?

But, if I was to field Vul'kan, it'd look like this:

Vul'kan

Command Squad w/Flamer, 2x Combi-Melta, & 1x Melta
How has Vulkan got a Command Squad? Is this something special for Planetstrike as he can not take one in the Codex?

But, if I was to field Vul'kan, it'd look like this:

Vul'kan

Command Squad w/Flamer, 2x Combi-Melta, & 1x Melta
How has Vulkan got a Command Squad? Is this something special for Planetstrike as he can not take one in the Codex?

No, he can't take one. It was a mistake.

-----

I've made a new list in two different flavors, but I posted everything > here < I don't want to make an armylist discussion out of this thread. At least not for my lists only.

Hey, could anyone tell me which page of the rulebook details the rules for firing flamers through firepoints and hitting everyone inside a bastion? It's mentioned in WD, as one of the reasons why Vulkan is amazing in planet stike, but I can't find it in the book :S

Hey, could anyone tell me which page of the rulebook details the rules for firing flamers through firepoints and hitting everyone inside a bastion? It's mentioned in WD, as one of the reasons why Vulkan is amazing in planet stike, but I can't find it in the book :S

No idea sorry. My Forgeworld Assault Drill could do that B)

Well, the Bastion rules are on pg 16-17 of the Planetstrike book. But the rule that you're looking for is the Template Weapons vs. Buildings on pg 80 of the main rulebook. And it's not automatic, it's D6 hits.

However, I've advocate popping the building first, even in a Vulkan list (MM anyone?). Then the occupying unit "disembarks", and they're wide open to a flamer even if they're still in the cover of the ruins.

Archived