Huron (Red Corsairs) vs Abe (Black Legion)

Prot

Fair enough Jeske, I think it's safe to assume I'll put you down as a 'no'. ;)

I tried. I still like the idea. But for the record I never stated the Legion Troops would be 'elite'. Why would I want that?

Some of your comments... Like GW making the army for you? Where are you getting this? What I said was you would get certain troop types based on the iconic character from your Legion of choice. Just like a Blood Angles player, just like a Black Templars player. These armies are far from 'made for them', and rarely, if ever, turn you into a noob.

Jeske, you are so incredibly negative, I have to ask you at this point -what- would make you happy? What I wrote here definitely surpases options that were given to you in 3.5!

"Iconic Characters" - Representing Legions Think of 3.5 where you took a generic Lord, gave him a mark and that dictated choices. Instead of a MARK, I'm saying give him a possible LEGION/CHAPTER designation to help the player recreate his/her favourite Legion.

"Special Characters" - Where Legions/Chapters already have established characters, IE. Khârn, Lucius, Huron, etc.

"Legion Troops" - Usable by anyone, with rules that reflect the Chapter strategic elements. BUT unlimited to those playing the chapter. (IE: Night Lords use as many NightLords "TROOP" types they want, but are limited in other chapter choices (perhaps they become elite?)

Additional things I've said that are outside the scope of this thread, but I mentioned in the codex thread:

"Bring back wargear flexibility"

"remove *random* elements from the codex" Possessed, Dreads.

When I look at that list above, I'd be happier than a fat kid at a cake eating contest with those changes... but that's just me I guess.

I've been playing 40k a VERY long time too, and my favorite incarnation of Chaos was 3.5. People sure bitched about it, but the nice thing was we had flexibility. But you know what? Many Legion players still bitched.

But for the record I never stated the Legion Troops would be 'elite'

yes but thats the only way they could put them in to a chaos dex. there are no way giving chaos players 4 cult units , normal csm + legions csm that are just either better then regular csm [or totally worse if the "special" rules are overcosted].

Like GW making the army for you?

there is one chaos build that works right now . mecha . you can play it as LR rush or rhinos. it doesnt matter if you play all zerkers , all csm , all pms or a mix of those all armies use the same tactics and have identical game play . whats more not only troops are like that [troops are generally that what decided what kind of an army your playing. they can make a list a gunline one or a hth one or a short range assault one etc]. HQs are the same and support units too. DPs overshadow all other options and even between those you have lash DPS then warp time Dps then nurgle with rot [anti horde meta . 99% of time run as a second choice] all other set ups are sub par . support units. FA doesnt exist as a viable choice. hvy support . oblits and then nothing for a long time , everything else is much weaker . elite .good bless termicid , because if we didnt have that [lets say Gav made the termis 5 man minimum] we would have 0 elites just like we have 0 FA.

with so many options bad , GW is making the list for me . I have no options to make different armies , with different game play [i play NM water warrior that is hardlly tier 2 and I play it only because its a bit different then normal chaos lists. and yes I do run 2 dps with lash and 6 oblits, so it is only a bit different]. This makes a codex boring and the army easy to learn to play against.

I have to ask you at this point -what- would make you happy?

In fantasy or in real life . I would like to see chambers or H-man back . But in real life I doubt we will see a new chaos dex for the next 2/3 years. 3.5 was the best chaos dex ever made[and I played with all save slaves of darkness] , most flexible with most armies and most game play.

"Iconic Characters" - Representing Legions Think of 3.5 where you took a generic Lord, gave him a mark and that dictated choices. Instead of a MARK, I'm saying give him a possible LEGION/CHAPTER designation to help the player recreate his/her favourite Legion

this would too 3.5 and they wont ever make a codex like that again , because this would me they would have to agree with people around the world they :cussed up with the gav dex. And GW never says they did :lol: up stuff , even huge mistakes[and stranglly a lot of them in dexs made by Thorpe] were shown as minor errors or stuff that "didnt capture the spirit of the army" [where actually stuff like dark elfs were so borderline unplayable they had to errata it one month after the codex hit the shops].

the more real thing is GW saying what they say now . Take a generic lord and paint him [:roll:] and if it still feels wrong use counts as [spits].

"Legion Troops" - Usable by anyone, with rules that reflect the Chapter strategic elements. BUT unlimited to those playing the chapter. (IE: Night Lords use as many NightLords "TROOP" types they want, but are limited in other chapter choices (perhaps they become elite?)

as 4 troops are the norm in most games and cult units are top tier[am having problems with imagining what NL or AL units should do to be the same lvl without costing too much] , this would mean a BL player would again cherry pick the unit that are best and we would end up with a with a list like BL khorn in 3.5 or lash/pms/zerkers we have now. because knowing how GW mind works they would be elite for all other csm armies or legions , but for BL all "special" units would be troops. [with abby being the father of the great chaos happy family].

"Iconic Characters" - Representing Legions Think of 3.5 where you took a generic Lord, gave him a mark and that dictated choices. Instead of a MARK, I'm saying give him a possible LEGION/CHAPTER designation to help the player recreate his/her favourite Legion.

This idea I could get behind. I take a generic lord buy him icon of BL and my army gets 1 squad of termi's as troops, or stubborn (although what would be the point of that w/ IoCG ?), whatever (I don't even care if it's usefull or not just make BL non-gereric :ph34r: ).

But I wouldn't have to take abby to have a "proper" BL army. And same would go for the other legions of course.

Archived