Chosen

Wrickwrock

I was wondering what everyone's take on the Chaos Choosen is. I recently bought a tactical squad and plan on making 5 raptors, so i'm thinking about making a good squad of choosen with my leftover CSM.

i prefer the idea of 4 with lightning claws+a champ, with say a power fist...infiltrate them near some big juicy unit like tau fire warriors or something and just let them tear up

not worth it . have to take 2 to survive against a meq /eldar list . arent as good tank hunters as termicid[while costing more and being counterable] , because no matter how close and hiden you deploy you cant get the extra d6 from melta . as a hth unit[8 man strong minimum] they eat up tons of points , even more considering they have to be spamed . even if they destroy a unit , they still die to counter units[no HQ can babysit chosen] or shoting.+ getting of a charge turn 1 is again impossible so a mecha list [that wouyld be 99% of all armies played] can just drive away. they also do nothing against orks or demons. wasted points more or less , considering to take them one has to drop termicid or/and oblits.

I think that's quite enough spelling correction for now :D.

I want to take 5 Chosen with 1 x Las-Cannon and 1 x Lightning Claws to mimic the purpose of my infiltrating CSM mini-unit of last edition, but it's just not worth it in terms of what they bring to the table compared to other choices.

I want to take 5 Chosen with 1 x Las-Cannon and 1 x Lightning Claws to mimic the purpose of my infiltrating CSM mini-unit of last edition, but it's just not worth it in terms of what they bring to the table compared to other choices.

Like I told the other old timer that came back, you really can't recreate units/armies from the old dex using this one, it just doesn't wk. I know this from trying in vein when this dex 1st came out.

You can use the light'n claws model as a champ or even dress him up and make him a lord. The las-cannon model is pretty much useless (I have @ 6 myself :huh: )

I haven't played with Chosen with the new dex yet...

But I wanted to try this:

1. 10 chosen, 4 plasma guns, M. of Tzeentch

Deploy in cover, use as gunline. Maybe try to create a gauntlet depending on terrain, maybe set them up to pound an objective.

2. 10 chosen, 4 flamers, champ with power fist (maybe M. of Khorne)

Well, pretty much obvious. Haven't seen what outflank can do... so don't know all the possibilities. but yeah, HTH unit for sure.

What I'm wondering is:

Would a unit of Thousand Suns perform better in setup #1?

Would a unit of Berzerkers perform better in setup #2 (pretty sure I know the answer to that one though...)

Really depends on the role you have for them.

The big problem is CSM termies are so much better.

If I am going for Assaulting then I run them 7-8 man and go the lightening claw route with Mark fo Slaanesh or Khorne. If I am going to tank hunting or spaming route I go either all melta/plasma or flamer.

Just remember they can outflank. If you are facing an army that will pop them in the first turn their is no shame in outflanking.

Also if you inflitrate you can use them as beacons for termies or lesser daemons as well.

Just remember if you are going shooty keep them cheap.

i have to agree with Jeske, i have tried using them as infiltrating meltagunners and they are just outmaneuvered and easily picked off or assaulted before they can do anything useful. i think the only way that i would possibly consider using them is meltas outflanking in a Rhino or as a 5 man squad with 1 las maybe 2 plas which comes to 155pts. remember just because you can infiltrate doesnt mean you have to get closer to the enemy, with the above set up its quite easy to set them up in cover on a far flank to get that nice lasgun shot to a transports side armor, and your opponent has to dedicate a unit to taking them out or risk having their sides/rear exposed

I've long considered taking a squad of Chosen, but couldn't decide whether to take a CC orientated squad or a shooting (Plasma/Melta) one...

But tastytaste has pretty much summed up my own conclusion:

The big problem is CSM termies are so much better.

Sure, they're more expensive, but you get Deep Strike, can still put them in a Land Raider if you want to transport them to stop them getting shot up - plus you can equip them to either be shooting or combat orientated (not that they're bad at CC to begin with!)

Obviously Chosen are a cheaper option but I don't see them as flexible a choice.

Having said that I think I'll do an all Melta/Plasma Chosen squad or two to use in games of Planetstrike...

Ive used chosen acouple of times, but when I get my greater daemon Im gonna use em every match. Having infiltrate, coupled with having the cheapest champion (28p), even cheaper then regular csm champ(30), makes it the best unit for getting the greater daemon on the table, faaar up on the board. Ive tested it with plasmaguns, though they did lots of damage a gets hot! result hurts this unit more then any other. I actually dont know what to put on these guys, but I know without a doubt that this unit is gonna be equipped with 1 melta bomb(only unit in the game i use melta bombs on). A melta bomb will blow up anyone who dears to tank shock them(autohit). Also great way to force split wound allocation as a bonus. it opens up alot of sneaky tactics for only 5 points.

Archived