melta rules/shooting vs transports

khurdur

I'm in the middle of a game, and me and my opponent are both beginners, we have two queries

do melta weapons need to be within half range to have 2d6 armour penetration?

and, if a squad of sternguard blows up a land raider with a multi-melta and is armed with combi-plasma, can it continue blasting at the terminators that pop out of the destroyed LR in the same shooting phase?

A squad's shooting is all resolved at the same time. So no, if one squad member's weapon destroys a transport the rest of the squad's weapons cannot be fired on the transported squad.

The firing squad can however assault the squad that was in the transport if they don't have any other rules preventing them from assaulting (like firing heavy or rapid fire weapons).

Carrying that on... if you are able to remove a Bigmek with a Custmo Force Field from play the cover save dies as soon as the mek, right?

And that would carry on to other auras... like say pedros extra attacks if he dies in CC... all other combats within range would lose his benefit?

Again all shooting attacks from the same unit happen at the same time. If the big mek bites it to the 1st squad's lascannon the orks will still get a save from all of 1st squads bolters. However once 1st squad is done and it's 2nd squad's turn no more force field save.

As for assault all attacks at the same initiative level happen at the same time. So at initiative 5 Pedro gets sliced up with your commander's power sword. When Pedro's boys strike at initiative 4 he's no longer around. (Does Pedro's +1 attack ability go away when he does? I don't have my codex handy.)

Archived