Started as a minor distraction

Hi brothers, I wonder if I might ask for a few opinions on this conversion I've done. It started as a minor distraction when I saw some bits lying next to one of my marine captains, now it's grown into a (possible) full project. It's not yet finished as I need to do a little GS work on it and with two wee kiddies it's not exactly easy to sit down and sculpt :P.

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/ThunderHammerCaptain1.jpg

I figure he looks like he's either in mid turn or is bringing the plasma pistol either up to fire or down to rest... either that or he's just finished a particularly rousing speech and is about to turn and walk/run towards the waiting transports/enemy... but I'm not so sure. The GS work needed is to rebuild the haft of the thunder hammer and to form the wrist joint so it looks right and not too short. Anyways please let me know what you think, and if anyone has any suggestions for chapter colours then I'd love to hear them as well, except Sons of Orar... I'm still working on a command squad for the 5th company so it'd be nice to paint something other than red and white!

James

Only real thought at the moment is that you might want to do something with the U's at the end of the loin cloth thing unless you've making him an Ultramarine or some other Chapter with a U in their Chapter badge. :P

TDA

the U's are just metal tabs on the leather strapping to keep it from fraying, not actually U's. Its one of the masters of the chapter models, which are very vanilla and dont have any real chapter specific markings...

Werry col and simple converson :P like it allot and might actualy steel the idea from you if you dont mind ;)

On the chapter colours.. what about Brazen Claws? or Mentor Legion ? could be nice and a bitt different from all the standard chapters?

cheers mate

:P

I see..

Well, looking at the Chapter index in the "How to paint Space Marines" tome the "Dark Sons" look fairly interesting if you're after something different with a possible challenge to pull off. :pinch:

TDA

@ Inquisitor_Lensoven: I wans't either until I saw the Chapter Master entry in the 'new' C:SM, the illustration made me start to love the thunder hammer :huh:.

@ Midnight Runner: Thanks mate. I'll add Hawk Lords to my maybe list, along with Dark Sons, thanks TheDarkApostle for that one, I must admit it does like it could be a bit of a challenge but then I love painting mini's like that.

@Xavier Targhost: PLease feel free to use the idea, I'm happy to have nspire you ;). As for you suggestions for chapters, they too will be added to the maybe list.

G/S work is mostly complete now so I'll be picking a colour schem and commencing painting this weekend, hopefully :P

James

As requested commander alexander here's a couple of pics of the Captain with the completed G/S work. I know that the join between the head and haft of the thunder hammer looks a little dodgy, but I couldn't get it any thinner without it being too thin to connect to the haft realistically, but any wider and it'd have been too wide to connect to the head of the hammer properly... But please let me know what you think:

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/THCGSfront.jpg

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/THCGSback.jpg

James

Looks nice to mee :D a brutal hammer though not maby a 2h hammer but who says it has to bee ? looks werry nice though..

Curious about what chapter there will be for him... still keeping my thumbs for Brazen claws but then there are allot of cool chapters out there... but think he would look cool in more sweet colours....

Cheers mate

Imperial fists? they like their Hammers

Salamanders? Always have Hammers

Dark Angels? They like Plasma

Lamenters? Yellow+Hearts+checkers= very different me thinks!

Self loathing black dragon who cut his talons off?

A Blood Angel Captain in Gold Artificer armor?

Rainbow Warriors? Why not?

I dunno there are thousands of them out there ya'know!

Archived