Dreadnought with a tl auto cannon

Pendrecki

So, here's a partially painted, partially green stuffed model. The extra set of triangles poking out below the main muzzle, is actually a tl lascannon on the left arm. (I grafted the unused pair from my razorback kit) The paint is mess right now, really looking on greenstuff technique tips and wether this looks like over under autocannons. I got a lot of help over at sons of corax, as I'm an Raven Guard player. (thanks guys!)

Although I'd like to go to paint, I'm thinking that I should replace the coolant tubes slung under the multimelta with a twin ammon feed, not even sure really where to start there... and also, the cylinder shape of the main barrel is obviously not uniform. This is my fourth or fifth conversion, so... I'm a bit of a noobie.

As for the tl autocannon, I used an aobr model, grafted a gundam assault rifle into the multimelta arm, and then greenstuffed extra bits, flash suppressor, etc.

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu206/Pendrecki/CerberusAutocannonside.jpg

IMO, you could use narrower barrels, and replace the long green stuff one you've got now with a plastic part since the green stuff is really quite messy. For barrels and things, you can never go wrong taking apart pens (unless they leak on you) to find a tube/rod of the right size. Clicky ones have more parts and therefor more possibilities.

Another great option that everyone has just lying around - those extra flyer stands. every flyer base comes with 2 stalks, and unless you're like me and mounted half of your stormboys assault marines on flying stalks, you've got a ton lying around. they are easy to cut down and have a nice, gentle taper (good for some barrels).

Cool, I'll need to look into that. I liked the flash suppresors individually but they are slightly different sizes. I need to work on my gs chops in general. I'll have to look around for plastic replacement barrels of the right size. Here's a photo of the model prior to the last gs adventure...

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu206/Pendrecki/BrotherCerberusSide.jpg

I was working to get away from the assault rifle feel of the gundam parts. You also get to see the triptych panels and the tl lascannon. I almost like this version better, as now I'm trying to make a wysiwyg model at the risk of being aesthetically wierd/awkward. In moving toward making a more functional/playable model, I like less of what I'm seeing.

Am I wrong in thinking there isn't a tl autocannon ready made? I only own 2 of the aobr models (one I bought of ebay, the other in my initial boxed set) so I've not yet dug into an actual kit.

On a slightly off topic subject, this is detracting from the painting of my devastator squad, 6 man squad, 4 ml's, sergeant and bolter wielding point man, in a razorback. This unit seems to function better thant the dread, anyways.

Archived