My Pre-Heresy Death Guard

Crazzy

Well, I've decided to work on a new project, specifically that of the Death Guard. I got a paint recipe from Bell of Lost Soul's Goatboy, so I figure he should at least get a little credit. Anywho, here is my first Death Guard model, who will probably end up being a tactical sergeant. And yes, it's not particularly pretty. I'm not a big hobbyist, but mainly paint to a two-foot standard.

gallery_38239_3829_108256.jpg

Not bad, not bad at all. However, you did goof the scheme ever-so-slightly. They used green trim on the shoulder pads. Also, pre-Heresy, no one but the Emperor's Children used the aquilae symbol.

Overall, thought, it looks nice.

EDIT: Typos hit the darnedest places...

Yea, the Emperor's Children bit is rough, especially with all the awesome metal models out there. The Eagle will stay, and not too many people will call me on it, and if I will, it's a shrug thing. And thanks for catching the bit on the trim. I'll keep that in mind on the next models.

The chest piece isn't that big, but it stood out because I've done a bit of reading in the IAs lately. The real fun part is explaining what looks like a Mk. VII chest piece on a Marine who should be wearing Mk. IV armor. (Call it Mortarion realizing exposed wiring sucks and doing something smart, and deciding to twit Fulgrim's nose a bit, if anyone notices.)

EDIT: I'm something of a nitpicker about small details like that. It's really nicely done in a lot of ways.

Archived