Rules questions

I recently got the land speeder storm (great kit btw) and i was looking through the rules on it. Can i still shoot heavy weapons such as sniper rifles out of it ifthe land speeder it self has moved? can i still charge or shoot out of it if it has turbo boosted?

ryan

Can i still shoot heavy weapons such as sniper rifles out of it if the land speeder it self has moved

No! only when stationary, also if you move more than 6" the scouts inside cannot fire even if they have assault weapons.

can i still charge or shoot out of it if it has turbo boosted?

Again no, if you have moved more than 12" (cruising speed) the scouts cannot assault, they can however still disembark and fire, just not assault

Gc08

Stationary: Shoot anything whilst still on the vehicle, or dismount and count as moving for shooting purposes; able to move and assault as normal.

Move up to 6": Shoot any non-heavy weapons while remaining on the vehicle, or dismount and count as moving for shooting purposes; able to assault as normal

Move up to 12": Cannot shoot whilst remaining mounted. Can dismount and shoot (counting as moving) and assault as normal.

Move more than 12": Cannot shoot whils mounted, cannot dismount.

EDIT: remember that you can't dismount in the Assault Phase.

I may be mistaken, but I don't believe units can disembark from a transport that has moved more than 12".

I think open topped allows it doesnt it?? im pretty sure its ok to DS and disembark in the same turn and DS counts as cruising speed.

Gc08

p70 BRB

'A fast vehicle going flat out moves more than 12" and up to 18"'

'Passengers may not embark onto or disembark from a fast vehicle if it has moved (or is going to move) flat out in that movement phase'

EDIT

p71

'A skimmer that is also fast and is moving flat out can move up to 24"'

just to be clear

Ah thanks Koremu it was my mind playin tricks on me again.. whilst your here can you clarify a point about speeders shooting and flat out... as in can they fire whilst moving fast?

Gc08

'Fast vehicles moving at combat speed may fire all of their weapons'

'Fast vehicles moving at cruising speed may fire a single weapon (plus all defensive weapons'

'Fast vehicles moving flat out may fire no weapons'

The confusion probly comes from pg 70 where it says you can assault out of an open topped vehicle that has moved. Later on that page it says you cannot disembark after moving more than 12".... wich of course would prevent you from assaulting.

'Fast vehicles moving at cruising speed may fire a single weapon (plus all defensive weapons'

cursing speed is up to 12", right?

and you can fire one weapon plus all defensive weapons, right?

defensive weapons are S4 or less, right?

so the land speeder storm can move 12" and the passengers may fire there bolters, but counts as moving, so rapid fire only. Is this right?

cursing speed is up to 12", right?

and you can fire one weapon plus all defensive weapons, right?

defensive weapons are S4 or less, right?

so the land speeder storm can move 12" and the passengers may fire there bolters, but counts as moving, so rapid fire only. Is this right?

No. Passengers shooting is not counted as being part of the vehicle firing. The Bolter Fire takes place as a seperate unit firing, by its own rules, which include not shooting while moving over 6", even if on a fast vehicle.

Archived