army transport

just a thought

if i've got 2 tactical squads with razorbacks and a landraider, could i use the razorbacks to transport one squad and the land raider for the other one?

or

assuming both tactical squads have a heavy weapon in them, and a sergeant and a special weapon could i put the 'fire support' elements of the squads in the razor backs and the alternate combat squad from each squad in the land raider.

I don't think transports are dedicated to thier parent squad anymore (can't remember that part of rule book)

but i would possibly have a problem with a raider planting 10 marines in assault range with two sergeants and 2 flamers, (or 3 if it was a crusader or a redeemer)

but would it be legal?

A transport can only transport a single unit plus characters (p. 66), so the latter would not be possible. Dedicated transports do not have to carry the unit they were bought for (p. 67), so the first suggestion is possible, if I understand your suggestion correctly. I.e. one tactical squad could be split into combat squads, with one combat squad embarking into their onw Razorback while the other combat squad embarks into the razorback of the other Tactical squad, while said other Tactical squad can embark into the Land Raider.

The only lmitation for dedicated transports is that no other unit except teh one they were bought for can start the game embarked in them. Other units can only enter the transport once the transport and the unit had first been deployed separately.

Archived