Red Corsairs army

After trying alot of different color schemes i have finnaly decided on doing a red corsairs army. At the moment i have a terminator lord 20 chaos space marines, 12 berzerkers, 5 terminators, 2 rhinos, 1 land raider, 1 vindicator and 1 defiler. What I'm wondering is what else shoul i add to my army from here. I'm going to have about $200 to spend in the next week and was thinking id get some blood letters but id like to know what else would be good addition.

Oblits would be good. As Fulgrim sz you can convert them for cheaper, but it take well...conversion and bits. If you are new to the hobby it might be easier to just buy them. Could try some on line stores for cheaper $.

I would also buy the reg csm helmit sprue and replace the brzrkrs heads with them, I think it looks better and the "khorne symbol" helmits just make me think wourld eaters. That is just my opinion. The sprue (or 2) should only cost a few $.

You need to decide if you want to run a 2 LR list. You have brzrkrs and termi's to go in them. It can be powerful (but not against all other lists/armies) but it is alot of pts.

OK, so I'm going to both tote the party line as well as diverge from it...

Obliterators. MSRP = $22 each = $66. $200 - $66 = $134. (obviously, here's where I concur w/ party line) DEFINATELY!

Battle force. Why? Can't have too many troopers and the rhino is good too. I'm not a fan of possessed in game/rules terms, but I do love the models. I'd use some cloven hoof-footed legs and a CSM torso and some funky head w/ the wing backpack and make him a "standard flying lord" or sorcerer. The extra Zerkers can simply be mixed-matched w/ the CSM parts to make "more dynamic" CSM trooper poses (as can some of the possessed bits - aspiring champion w/ some possessed sword arm to counts as power weapon, or 'crab claw' arm to counts as power fist). Anyhoo... MSRP = $90. $134 - $90 = $44.

Keep the $44 for a rainy day, or get a tank (2nd vindy or predator) or a Daemon Prince. The stock standard DP is OK, but there's way better out there. For starters, there's the fantasy line. Ba'Lekor, Dragon Ogre Shaggoth, or one of the greater daemons (if you'd rather do a GD instead of a DP). Or there's my solution to the DP - LotR Sauron w/ a possessed winged backpack attached. Simple, effective, and gets LOTS of compliments for 'uniqueness'. Warning - some of these 'more unique' solutions might cost more than the leftover $44 (particularly after taxes, but then again, who pays MSRP these days...?). ;)

Hope I helped and welcome to the Red Corsairs!!!! ;) :lol: :D

Oh and btw what should I remove in place of the obliterators.

I don't get the question. Are you saying something from your original post has to come out to put the oblits in? If so, how is your force kitted out? (sorry if I'm misunderstanding, I thought the OP was in regards to what you should ADD to the list)

Just looking at the model list, I'd say the Defiler to get 2 oblits - should be an even swap (unless you've upgraded the defiler, which means leftover points to spend on a character or aspiring champion).

Oh yeah, and in regards to your OP, skip the "lesser summoned daemons" (ie., bloodletters). They just don't do it in terms of effectiveness and cost. They are an OK stick-down unit, but I gave up on them long ago...

I always like a good dreadnought cheap but potentent

???? :)

How many games have you played in which a chaos dread was "potentent" ??

almost all of my 4th ed games where I ran a dread with plasma cannon, only once did he ever fire on me and even then it wasn't too catastrophic (still won that game) and in one game he even brought the nightbringer down (after the oblits had shot the nightbringer up a lot)

I always like a good dreadnought cheap but potentent

???? ;)

How many games have you played in which a chaos dread was "potentent" ??

almost all of my 4th ed games where I ran a dread with plasma cannon, only once did he ever fire on me

Do you mean with this dex or the 3.5 dex ?

I may be misunderstanding the rules of 40k because im fairly new but you can only use 3 heavy support in a game correct?

My bust, you are absolutely correct. I wasn't doing the math of vindy + LR + Defiler fills up all the HS slots.

I still say the Defiler. 2nd choice would be the vindy.

I think in the new Planetstrike expansion rules, the defender gets more than 3 HS choices. So don't get rid of the defiler, just sideline him for the Oblits in normal games.

BTW, why Defiler? I find mine always scatters that big blast template and is rather ineffective at shooting. Guess I need to try his hand at CC, but that's for a different topic...

Archived