Smoke and Embarked Troops

River Black

Hopefully a few simple questions with a simple answers.

If a vehicle pops smoke can a unit that is embarked on the transport fire out of the fire point? Also is the firing from a fire point resolved at the same time as the firing from the vehicle? Does the embarked unit have to fire at the same thing as the transport? I guess what all of these questions boil down to is… does the transport count as being part of the embarked unit?

Im sorry if this has been answered before. I checked the last 20 pages and couldn’t find an answer and as you could imagine a search involving smoke launchers really didn’t work to well.

From my understanding the embarked unit cannot fire if smoke is triggered as the unit would be firing blind because smoke is triggered in the movement phase. The way I play the game is the embarked unit has to fire at the same target and I resolve targetting seperately. However I'm its one of the grey areas in the game.

There is nothing prohibiting the embarked unit from firing when a vehicle has deployed smoke. Embarked units are separate from the transport, and each can fire at a different target. Refer to the Maine Rulebook FAQ on GW's website for a hardcopy of the ruling.

Nothing grey about it smoke only effect the triggering vehicle, the unit inside is not the triggering vehicle. The unit inside is a different unit, different units may fire at different targets. The order units fire at is determined by the controling player (though all models in said unit fire simultainously)

Archived