apothecary question

dood515

I've noticed alot of people arming their apothecaries with the varying wepons that command squad marines can have but i noticed when putting together my command squad that the codex entry clearly states that "any veteran may replace his..." and "any veteran may take...".

The unit composition part of the entry says that the squad consists of one apothecary and four veterans; clearly marking him out as different from the other marines.

so it is to my understanding that apothecaries aren't aloud different weapons and that they just have their bolt pistol and chainsword.

I'd like to know peoples' views on this and weather i am right or wrong....?

+_+

I have to agree with o'rieley. Its is a little annoying really since in 4th the apothecary could be armed with otehr fun stuff. Since 5th I have had to do arm and weapon swaps for my apothecaries.

an apothecary is not a 'veteran' it is an 'apothecary' so no you cannot give it any upgrades. sorry.

don't apoligise, i thought they couldn't be armed with special weopons and have made mine with the chainsword, bolt pistol and narthecium.

;)

+_+

Apothecaries rather boring, they can't really take any options. Except...Bikes I think.

At least, they portray him as a healer, instead of like.... a Battle Priest out for a bender.

Archived