Magnetizing the Landspeeder Storm's embarked Scouts

Now the trick it to figure our a way to make the scouts go easily from the speeder to a base. The poses seem to make this difficult.

He has a regular scout squad for that. He's just going to pull the guys out of the storm and then swap out for the real (based) scouts.

How do you plan to add your fifth Scout?

Ah! therin lies my secret..

Looking at the pose of the gunner and the fact that he comes with the 'kickstand' for removing the HB i now agree he IS the 5th scout.

However removing the heavy weapon (fluff terms) means the LSS wouldnt have a weapon, and this has been bugging me for a while..

So what i did is to mount the heavy flamer (and MM on the 2nd LSS i have) on the underside of the LSS, swapping it for the cerberus lanuchers, i then took two tau missile pods and placed them under the front of the LSs to become the new cerberus launchers.... basically everything is underslung so the pilot can operate them all.

The 'gunner' has been converted to reprisent my vox caster which i put into both my LSS teams for extra fun and kitbashing (i use lots of IG stuff on my LSS scouts..

I too swapped out the weapons for shotguns to make them WYSIWYG to the matching squad, i also included combi-weapons in this... i really went to town.

I dotn have any pics yet as im working solid til friday but ill try to get some up when i can.. in the mean time this is my scout squads (as of two months ago, the wargear is a little different now)

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/greatcrusade08/DSCF1953.jpg

GC08

GC08, that is a fantastic idea! The lack of a true gunner could potentially explain the BS3 for the Speeder. Some cool ideas there!

What type of magnets and where did you purchase them? (hoping I didn't read over it in the OP)

http://www.amazingmagnets.com/index.asp?Pa...&ProdID=219

I use those for all of my magnetizing. For the few cases when I have needed a large magnet, I've used some from the sample set that Amazing Magnets gives you for free with every order.

Nice job! I'm flattered that you took at least a little inspiration from this. The magnetizing looks good and clean. I don't really care for the based Scouts though. The ability to just use the embarked Scouts instead of having another squad is really cool but I like the look of the standard Scouts. Of course, as you said on your blog, they aren't done yet so I'm anxious to see how they turn out.

Archived