unit options

HI! Ok, I'm starting a small chaos army(a squad or two) as a side project, and I'm wondering if a unit I have is legal, its a five man unit, with the following weapon:bolt pistol, chainsword(x2) heavy bolter,bolter and powerfist, and plasma pistol, chainsword.

Thanks for the help, the reason I am asking is because I don't have the codex :ermm: :D thanks!

The squad is not legal. Chaos Space Marine standard squads can only get a heavy weapon if teh squad is at least 10 men strong. With 5 men you are only allowed to equip one model with a special weapon (Flamer, Melta, Plasmagun or Plasma Pistol). One model of the 5 can still be a Champion and get the powerfist. Every Marine not equipped with special gear carries Boltgun, Boltpistol and a close combat weapon as standard, so you can build the models with either BP/Chainsword or with Boltgun, however you like, in th egame they all count as having all three.

So, except for the heavy bolter guy that squad is ok.

I know that, what I want to know is is that squad option legal? I can try and get a codex soon, but I don't know where a gw is, and im not ordering one off the website

Try a local hobby store, everyone I've been too sells 40k related products.

Not sure what you mean be chainsword (X2) then listing chainsword again later ?

As 950 sz all csm's come standard w/ bp & ccw and bolter. So any could be shown with any combo of any of those things.

If your jsut building it for looks it's fine (legal), if you want to actually start playing chaos leave out the plaz pistol and HB.

Not sure what you mean be chainsword (X2) then listing chainsword again later ?

As 950 sz all csm's come standard w/ bp & ccw and bolter. So any could be shown with any combo of any of those things.

If your jsut building it for looks it's fine (legal), if you want to actually start playing chaos leave out the plaz pistol and HB.

the (x2) means that two marine have the option

The squad is not legal. Chaos Space Marine standard squads can only get a heavy weapon if teh squad is at least 10 men strong.

So, except for the heavy bolter guy that squad is ok.

Opps missed that.. Of course Legatus is right. I nevr even put hvy weops in my csm squads so I forgot how many you had to have to take one.

I would use a flamer, that always seemed a very khorne weop to me (not to mention effective).

Archived