Vulkan He'stan

not bad for a custom shot. but then again not the greatest ever. Your paint seemed to be a little thick which threw it off to me. you may want to consider thinning them down a bit. the mantle is actually pretty cool though.

Yea I know the paint is kinda think :D It took agaes to get the conversion done (coteaz's pelt at the top of his cape took ages to file down!) so I just wanted to get the paint job done and rushed a bit. The Scale cape was made Cardboard from a cereal box :blush: And also please coment too too harshly because im only 11 B)

Yea I know the paint is kinda think ;) It took agaes to get the conversion done (coteaz's pelt at the top of his cape took ages to file down!) so I just wanted to get the paint job done and rushed a bit. The Scale cape was made Cardboard from a cereal box :blush: And also please coment too too harshly because im only 11 B)

Isn't it 13+ for this forum? Moderators!

Really nice conversion! The spear thingy ( i forgot the name ) has nice blending and the base is pretty cool. The metal cross thing hanging by his loincloth has a really nice gem in the middle. The cape thing is pretty awesome. It must be said though, the paint is thick.

Thanks for all these comment ;) He does, belive it or not, look better in real life :devil: The chest eagle I sculpted as a first atempt I thought wasnt terrible but still could have work done it. and yeah as i said and admitted before the paint is too thick. I am quite pleased with my sculpting on the the two salamander heads (1 on knee and other on shoulder) and the flame on his shoulder.

Please keep the comments coming- I need the advice :huh:

First look and I thought it looks butt ugly since I have a habit of comparing works with my own stuff but after a second closer look I realised that its not much worse then my very first painted marine and the more I look at it the more I see things in it that surprise me.

Finally I must admit that for a 11 year old the mini is extremely well painted, sure you have a long way to go but learning is fun and my gut feeling tells me you have tons of hidden talent just waiting to come out and I paint pretty well myself so I´m not taking this out from thin air.

I seriously think that with practice you are going to be a golden daemon painter with time!

Things to think about:

Thin down the paint, not much but still.

Practice highliting.

Find a mini online that you really like and just sit down and try to copy it and paint one of your own as carefully and close to the original as possible, this is a great way to be better really fast.

Look forward to seeing some progress dude, keep it up!

:P

Youre welcome dude:)

The vallejo equivalent of snot is called sick green.

But to be honest I dont notice much difference although I like the vallejo bottles much more, when they get empty I transfer my GW colours to them.

This is great for an 11 year old! Things I painted 3 years ago (when I was your age) didn't look anything like this. Good job B)

Like what other people said, watering down paints is good, and practice practice practice!

I'm just lucky that I have OCD - makes the final product of painting a Monstrous Creature all the better, as it normally takes me months to finish them (stupid attention to detail).

Archived