Taking down assult termies

ok, im having troubles with a friend of mine who uses Space marines and fields two squads of Terminators, one regular, one assult. at the first chance he gets, he deep strikes them behind most of my units, and this gets me worried.

he has yet to actually get the assult termies INTO an assult, but always comes close, (we rarely finish a game due to my friends low tolerance for losing any models in battle)

i dont want those termies to start a slaughter, so I need some advice on how to deal with the termies fast

here is wat i have

1 CSM termie squad w/reaper, moK, and 2 chainfists, all champs

havoks w/autocannon, missle launcher, heavy bolter,plasma gun and IoN

2 obliterators

1 regular marine squad w/ plasma gun, flamer and aspiring champ

1 regular marine squad w/ flamer, meltagun and aspiring champ w/ powerfist and plasma pistol

1 sorcerer

1 termie lord w/lightning claw

7 plague marines 1 w/plasma gun and champ w/powerfist and plasma pistol

8 thousand sons 1 aspiring sorcerer

10 khorne berzerkers champ w/ power weapon

2 rhinos

his assult termie squad has:

3 thunder hammers

2 lightning claws

i have no idea how to work my squads to deal with this threat!!

If he's deepstriking Terminators in, Plasma is always an option.

Terminators also die to Bolter storms, they can only take so many 2+ saves after all.

I'd probably hit him with 1-2 rapid fire squads then follow up with a charge by your Berserkers. You'll be swinging before him and hitting on 3's so you should bring down enough with weight of numbers.

If he calls games as soon as he loses some models it sounds like you have bigger problems than just his assault terms. Anyway, I am always happy when my opponent takes termies of any kind unless they are in a LRC as they are slow and make for great plasma fodder. Obliterators work wonders with their plasma cannons here, you should probably get more than 2, I run 5 at 1500 points. Also you could always just run away with whatever they land near, move six, run d6 and in all likelihood they wont be able to reach anything, giving you another turn to shoot at them with long range weapons like the ones on the aforementioned oblits. Really though, have your friend man up and play games out, what you describe doesn't sound fun at all.

Wow your list isn't very good, kinda all over the place. Good thing you friend seems to not be a very good player. DS'ing hth termi's is dumb.

Just shoot them with plaz, plaz cannons, oblits, meltas, even massed bolter fire (I took down 2 assault termi's with bolters my last game vs s/m's). If there are a few left, make them useless, move squads out of their reach, block their path w/ empty rinos etc.

But to tell the truth if I couldn't finish a game b/c my opponent always acts like a spoiled child (let's call it what it is, none of this understand his special needs "low tolerance" BS), I would just find others to play

tank shock them with rhinos to bunch them up then use the oblits to drop plasma plates on them and thin them out. Once they're small enough to not pose a threat, ignore them, they'll be unable to get to hth with you unless you allow them to.

Wow your list isn't very good, kinda all over the place. Good thing you friend seems to not be a very good player. DS'ing hth termi's is dumb.

Just shoot them with plaz, plaz cannons, oblits, meltas, even massed bolter fire (I took down 2 assault termi's with bolters my last game vs s/m's). If there are a few left, make them useless, move squads out of their reach, block their path w/ empty rinos etc.

But to tell the truth if I couldn't finish a game b/c my opponent always acts like a spoiled child (let's call it what it is, none of this understand his special needs "low tolerance" BS), I would just find others to play

GET EM CHILLEN!!!

lol i would have to agree with this, man up, finish the game. If he refuses, find someone else to play with.

Plasma eats terms, two oblits would finish that squad easilly.

wow dude, i dont care how good you are. thats a little uncalled for. you could say it in a nicer way.

how can you say in a nice way that he doesnt know how to play ?

as advice goes . mulit shot stuff is good when he is forced to do 10/15 normal saves he will fail few . lash+oblits or generally templates are good too . but on the other hand if someone uses assault termis and deep strikes them he should run on the same turn [or better yet not deep strike them , but use shrike or LR thats much harder to counter] , so without lash templates aint as good.

well what i would have said was:

you got a lot of stuff there, but you need to pick a theme and base it around it. you have 3 different cult troops, why not pick your favorite of the three and base your army around that?

after he picked which cult troop he prefers start to craft an army list around that. if he wanted more bezerkers or plague marines he could convert the standard marines into bezerkers and or plague marines.

inform him that his havoc squad is rather mixmatched and you need to pick a specific role for the squad, unless hes playing khorne which you dont really need a havoc squad.

well what i would have said was:

you got a lot of stuff there, but you need to pick a theme and base it around it. you have 3 different cult troops, why not pick your favorite of the three and base your army around that?

after he picked which cult troop he prefers start to craft an army list around that. if he wanted more bezerkers or plague marines he could convert the standard marines into bezerkers and or plague marines.

inform him that his havoc squad is rather mixmatched and you need to pick a specific role for the squad, unless hes playing khorne which you dont really need a havoc squad.

I dont think chillen meant any disrespect. Hes in fact told me on a few occasions about how awful my list is, but he means it in a normal respectful way. Im 100% sure he meant no harm, now i cant vouch for that russian typhoon Jeske. That guy would let you know how much money he made off of selling your sister to a medical experimentation program....(joking jeske)

Archived