Lesser Daemons

Manning

10-15 is better yet, though it depends on their purpose.

I might go as high as 12 (even that makes me a bit nerves), but 15 I would worry about losing them to summoning them in X amount of space problems. Enemy troops, terrain, etc.

But we do tend play with a good bit of terrain, and large armies, if you played w/ less (like at most stores) I might feel comfortable going alittle higher.

Eight is a good size because you get one base closer to your charge target--something that the sixth and seventh daemons don't get you.

Twenty is the next number at which you get to start a new ring, making 20 another particularly good number to have.

I run 12 almost always when i use them, though this is more of a fluff thing vs whats best. I have always had good results when ive used lesser daemons in larger amounts. They really have a tendency to get in the way and with only a 5+sv you are going to need a decent sized unit to be able to be able to stick around, even against lesser units in assault.

I have run 20 lessers in a unit before and it worked out horridly as it was so big and unwieldy that i wasnt able to get into any sort of good situation. I was always just out of where i needed to be, had to roll difficult terrain almost everytime as at least a third of the unit had to truck through something somewhere, when i did bunch up i paid for it with a template to my dome. Just to big and unwieldy.

Ive run units of 5 more than a few times and i have never been impressed. 15 attacks on the charge just doesnt cut it vs most units they need to assault. Whether that be orks, tau, guard, or even MEQ, this number just isnt sufficient to do much of anything.

Ive run units of 5 more than a few times and i have never been impressed. 15 attacks on the charge just doesnt cut it vs most units they need to assault. Whether that be orks, tau, guard, or even MEQ, this number just isnt sufficient to do much of anything.

Expect ninja camp an objective.

Thats the only reason 5 is a good buy, to fill in a cheap troop choice.

Warseer has a nice graph explaining 8 would be the minimum amount of daemons needed and how they are used. You should check it out.

By the Dark Gods, give us a link man! WS is a big place to search.

Five or so size for cheap objective holders.

Eight for the third layer.

(those already mentioned)

Fifteen for maximum squad number. If you truly are in charge range, half that number or more will make melee attacks and outweigh the combat even against average marines/black templars but not much better targets like berzerkers.

I prefer the small squads, often I find when they come in while using a aggressive army that space is limited because I focus lots of the force in small spaces. Allowing little room between my rhinos before I get a chance to move them on turn 2-3. Easier to move around, and often if one is left out of five or six they still score and can cause a whole unit of fire warriors(or something similar) to waste their extra shots if I'm lucky.

Archived