Dark Angels

BobPanda

today i made the final decision to which chapter my remote controlled land raiders will be assigned to.

and here's the result:

-

DARK ANGELS :victory:

-

i'm planing to keep this army pretty small.

the beginning will be made with two remote controlled land raiders that i already built. i think i'll paint one of them in green and maybe the other one in bleached bone ... let's see.

i still have a complete squadron of landspeeders left in my bitzboxes and enough bits to add another LR later. i think this army will offer me the chance to use all my metal marines that i collected over the last 6 years, also.

so i think that's it for the moment ...

ab because i do not want to open a new thread without any pictures or videos, here are my first attempts to darkangelize the first landraider. ...

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w313/BobPanda/dark%20angels/P1040914.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w313/BobPanda/dark%20angels/P1040915.jpg

-

if you want to see the landraider in action check out these videos:

-

-

I can't believe the Sherman you used is less than half the price of the Land Raider. I want to do this so bad! You don't even know!

Was the wiring and such hard? Could anyone do this? Please help us all out here at the B&C if you give a step by step guide I'd marry... ok I'd love you so much! Where do you live UK? Becuase that Torro site is in german and has Euros but I found an American one Here

I'm soo tempted!

those statues-esque figures on the side are amazing and fit so well!

would you mind telling me where you got the parts? pretty please with a cherry on top :P

those are taken from one of the cod-buildings. normally they are standing next to a gothic window, holding a huge sword in their middle.

Did you magnetize the side sponsons? I've had a LR on my shelf for a couple weeks now because I can't find a good tutorial on how to magnetize the sponsons.

no i didn't the great thing about the new cusader is, that you can simply excahnge the hurracanes against the flamers without any need of magnets.

I can't believe the Sherman you used is less than half the price of the Land Raider. I want to do this so bad! You don't even know!

Was the wiring and such hard? Could anyone do this? Please help us all out here at the B&C if you give a step by step guide I'd marry... ok I'd love you so much! Where do you live UK? Becuase that Torro site is in german and has Euros but I found an American one Here

I'm soo tempted!

that's exactly the sort of tank that i also used! ... :lol:

the wiring is quite easy. the difficulty comes with the additioanl functions like the rotating gunner on top and rotating hull mounted waepon. and the lights.

but if is only about the movement, ... that's the easiest but most impressive part of it. i took the time, when i made my last one. and up from the moment i opened both boxes until the chassis of the lr was moving it took me ~2 hours. the additional functions and lights + closing all gaps than took me another 6 hours. so you see, that with little experience this tank can easily be build in lees than 10 hours.

if you follow the tut on my blogpage, you have the huge advantage, that the you'll also find solutions for the tricky problems, like: how the wheels need to be arranged to enable you to use the original traks without the need to shorten them. but the most important thing is, that you know, that it can be done with the tank from the link above. B) i think that's the most important thing to know. in my case i spent the most time on finding the perfect tank and bought at least 6 different rc-tanks, until i decided to give the sherman a chance ....

Archived