A Chaos list for a friendly tournament

Hello :) I'm participating in a friendly tournament at my local gaming group Bury Wargamers on August 15th. It's 1,500 points, I'm torn between using my Tyranids (built for fun, only used twice) and my Legion of Taurus Chaos Marines. Here's what I was thinking of taking in terms of Chaos Marines:

• Charkaradon, Lord of the Legion of Taurus: Terminator Armour, Combi-weapon, Daemon Weapon, Personal Icon - 155 points
  • Chaos Space Marine Terminators (x5): Power Fist, Chain Fist, Lightning Claws, Combi-weapon, Reaper Autocannon - 215 points
  • Chaos Space Marine Squad (x10): Champion, Powerfist, Combi-weapon, 2xPlasmaguns - 230 points
  • Chaos Space Marine Squad (x10): Champion, Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol, Icon of Khorne, Plasma Pistol, Flamer - 245 points plus Rhino - 35 points
  • Chaos Space Marine Predator w/Twin-linked Lascannons, Lascannons - 165 points
  • Defiler - 150 points
  • Tauran, Greater Daemon - 100 points
  • Lesser Daemons (x15) - 192 points

Total: 1,496(-ish :P )

I have some flexibility, I can also exchange any of these for a Squad of 5 bikers (w/Aspiring Champion, Power Weapon, Meltagun for 205 points); Possessed Vindicator (145 points), up to 5 more Lesser Daemons, another Squad of 10 Chaos Marines (w/2xPlasmaguns, Aspiring Champion, Power Fist, Plasma Pistol for 235 points), or a squad of Khorne Berzerkers (x8, w/Skull Champion, Power Weapon for 198 points).

I am also planning on making some more Terminators (yayy Planetstrike! ;) ) so I could probably change the configuration I've chosen slightly before the day. Other than that, please do not suggest that I add another Rhino or a squad of Thousand Sons, or some other unit like that as I simply cannot buy/make them before the game. What i've got there is all I've got!

I know I'll be up against a mix of Marines, Imperial Guard, Eldar and possibly a Daemon army - I dunno if this information will help.

I'd appreciate any advice/tips/suggestions, thanks for looking! :D

personally i'd rather have a vindicator than the lesser daemons, but thats just me. i also really like bikers. i think that they rock, especially with marks of khorne or nurgle. also i tend to focus my terminators more, as in more for killing infantry, or more for anti-vehicle. any wolf, i hope it helps.

If I were going to footslog a Chaos marine squad I'd make it at least 15 models strong; and give them an Icon of CG. Recently I've found that Defilers work much better when there are two or three of them. As much as I love your GD conversion I just don't think he's worth it in a list with only two marine champs to summon from, but then again I don't play 1500 point games much.

So here is my suggested list; changes are in orange.

Charkaradon, Lord of the Legion of Taurus: Terminator Armour, Combi-weapon, Daemon Weapon, Personal Icon - 155 points

Chaos Space Marine Terminators (x5): Power Fist, Chain Fist, Lightning Claws, Combi-weapon, Reaper Autocannon - 215 points

Chaos Space Marine Squad (x10): Champion, Powerfist, Combi-weapon, 2xPlasmaguns, Icon of Chaos Glory - 240 points

Chaos Space Marine Squad (x10): Champion, Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol, Icon of Khorne, Plasma Pistol, Flamer - 245 points plus Rhino - 35 points

Chaos Space Marine Predator w/Twin-linked Lascannons, Lascannons - 165 points

Defiler - 150 points

Defiler - 150 points

Lesser Daemons (x11) - 140 points

Good list firestorm, just something to add to what GunnarRedsun and Megalodon said is you really have to use a greater daemon for fluff or other reasons then pleease dont waste points by giving the aspiring champion/s that could/would be used to summon the greater daemon, upgrades because it is a points drain that really isnt worth it

Thanks very much for your constructive advice, I've found it really useful! I honestly expected my list to get ripped to shreds by the power gamers (last time I posted a list on here, for Imperial Marines, by the time they'd finished with it the only thing that resembled my list was that it contained Marines! :lol: )

Megalodon + lord gunthar, you're both right about the Greater Daemon and the champ situation - I like to give my Champions upgrades as it can be useful to have a Powerfist or extra plasma shot in a squad, but I'd never considered what a waste it can be if you tool them up and then just sacrifice them to get a GD on the board!

Megalodon, I like your suggestions - I realised after I'd posted this last night I should have given the other Chaos Marine squad an Icon - only having two is going to make it tricky getting those Lesser Daemons on!

Thanks again for your advice, unless someone suggests anything radically outstandingly amzingly better :P I'll go with the two Defilers list.

Thanks very much guys! B)

Archived