Chained Lions

Here is the first Vet Sergeant for my DIY chapter the Chained Lions. I look forward to any ideas on how to improve on this model, especially better painting techniques. I decided to axe the Eldar helmet though I still think it looks better. Here is the rest of the squad about 50% done. More pics soon.

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv200/s...ns/000_0007.jpg

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv200/s...ns/000_0002.jpg

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv200/s...ns/103_0831.jpg

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv200/s...ns/103_0833.jpg

What?

What I think he is trying to say is

What?

Why is he wearing an Eldar helmet? Unless its a part of your fluff, then I think the Inquisitors will have a word about that.

Inquisition Unite!!!

Wonder Imperium Twin powers activate! *Melty death insues!*

I like the scheme, although the lime green or whatever is kinda an turn off for me though.

WOW Looks like the eldar are growing um big these days...

++Tybrus to Devastator Squad Bleender++

++Sgt. Meatgrinder, go for fire mission++

++ Target incoming Elder the size of marines use hell fire rounds and don't stop fring till they stop twitching++

++Rodger that Sir ++

++ Tybrus to Battle Barge Emperor's Fist, Track that traget bak to its P.O.I. and send an extermanatius request to the Big ]l[ ++

++ ROdger that ++

Guest Azeikel

Heres the article Drudge Dreadnought was talking about. Linky

I second MalevolentMc on the paint scheme, I like it too.

Is the symbol on the shoulder pad moulded or has it been freehand painted on?

Azeikel

WOW Looks like the eldar are growing um big these days...

++Tybrus to Devastator Squad Bleender++

++Sgt. Meatgrinder, go for fire mission++

++ Target incoming Elder the size of marines use hell fire rounds and don't stop fring till they stop twitching++

++Rodger that Sir ++

++ Tybrus to Battle Barge Emperor's Fist, Track that traget bak to its P.O.I. and send an extermanatius request to the Big ]l[ ++

++ ROdger that ++

ROFLMAO,

Regarding the marine, don't think it matches really. Like said try cutting thr crest off and using a standard SM helmet. The paint scheme looks good though.

Its odd... but I think the eldar helm looks great. It makes the marine look bulkier in all, and also gives it a more regal effect. You may consider giving him a face grill, or something marine helmet like, just to make it less eldarish.

But I like it, lots.

Cool colour scheme.

The helmet is somehting I never seen used on a marine before. Dunno what to think but it could be ancient tech since it slightly resembles the custodes helmets or it could be simply artificed to scare the crap our of any opposing eldar kinda like psychological warfare.

Oh and I´m happy that you like my shoulder pad dude, after all it took some time to sculpt a pad from scratch and the lion was tricky but it was a very fun commission to do:)

(maybe paint the trim in some gold-ish colour to make it stand out a bit more?)

Anyway, had I known your chapter name would be "Chained Lions" I´d definitely add some small chain sculpts around or over that lion. Let me know what you think.

Deathwatch of the Ka-tet of the Ebon Dawn reporting.... what the...

KILL IT!

I would highly advise using the tutorial to make crested marine helmets. I mean I'm all for making unique, individualistic marines and all (most of my Ka-tet are converted in one way or another), but that helmet just makes it look like an Eldar bulked up and thieved themselves some power armor.

The color scheme itself looks nice. Would have to see it done on vehicles as well to fully judge it.

imho i like the look of the eldar helmet, it may seem out of place being on a marine but then again it also looks kind of right.

i think the helm would fit better on a slaanesh marine but it looks good with that paint scheme, as for the eyes, i think they look fine, they are at least inside the lens shape and not bleeding out onto the model's helm (.... that one time and i keep getting grief for it!) so kudos for that

this reminds me of my improvised armor marines i did a while back, each one had a different army's armor mixed with marine bits... i wish i could find them, oh well off to go search for them

Archived