A New Army in the name of Dorn

Hi fellow hobbyists!

Been collecting for about 7 years on and off and have decided to actually finish and play with an army for once!

My victims this time are the Crimson Fists :)

The fluff behind them sounds great (although not for them ;) ). And the coloured fists just add the fun into painting them and making them stand out on the battlefield.

Here's a test model using the "Viva Metallica" method. Yes that is the free AoBR model from months ago :lol: Tell me what you think!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/solinvictus/CFTermie1.png

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/solinvictus/CFTermie2.png

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/solinvictus/CFTermie3.png

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/solinvictus/CFTermie4.png

Gotta get me some new paints and models.

Thanks

BrotherSeumas

The Terminator itself looks good, but a little more time spent on the gun will make it look much better.

thanks

yeah, i'll redo the storm bolter once i get new paints next week. i'll go over it with badab, it needs darkening

I love the darker shades than most crimson fists armies, and the highlights are great. Other than what others have said about the storm bolter, i'd work a bit more on the red. It is a bit bland. Don't just wash it though as that will make it look too oily. Definetly a good start though. I am usually not a fan of the crimson fists scheme but i like this guy.

Drilling out berrals is a MUST!

Other then that looks great...

heh, i'll order the hobby drill tomorrow morning :lol:

thanks

I love the darker shades than most crimson fists armies, and the highlights are great. Other than what others have said about the storm bolter, i'd work a bit more on the red. It is a bit bland. Don't just wash it though as that will make it look too oily. Definetly a good start though. I am usually not a fan of the crimson fists scheme but i like this guy.

thank you

what would you suggest for the red? ive never painted large areas of red before lol

I'm afraid the only large red areas i've painted were cloth, so i don't have any useful suggestions.

ok no worries

that is bloody awsum.... trawling around this site and looking at what people can do is one of my fav past times :P

gotta get inspirations somewhere. :P

yeah ive been trawling through threads. lots of impressive stuff around

Got a few bits from GW Direct today.

Mr Pedro Kantor, to lead the force

A Chaplain with a Power Fist. May or may not use him, but he has a POWAH FIST!!!!!!!!11!!!!!1

Veteran w/Power Fist 1 --- to be used as a Sergeant

Veteran w/Power Fist 2 --- as above

Imperial/Crimson Fist Upgrade Pack ---replace those vanilla pads and backpacks damn it!

Ive trimmed, filed and washed them. Just need to go and retrieve my Green Stuff to fill in some gaps between arms etc.

Oh and I've got a small bucket load of other bits coming from another site :huh:

Very nice :tu: I approve. ;)

Ok so I'm still waiting on this order from another site. Don't think I'll be using them ever again.

But the main reason for a post here today is, how the hell can i easily get metal to stick together (and stay stuck) without pinning?

Thanks

Brother Seumas

On another note, I found a shop with Midnight Blue still in stock <_< didnt buy any though

But the main reason for a post here today is, how the hell can i easily get metal to stick together (and stay stuck) without pinning?

Zap-a-gap, it works wonders!

On another note, I found a shop with Midnight Blue still in stock :tu: didnt buy any though

huh? wait there is no more midnight blue?! i loved that color! now i have to go find an equivalent for my army... <_<

On another note, I found a shop with Midnight Blue still in stock didnt buy any though

Would that be GW Kingston by any chance? :tu:

Corpus

heh, no. it was a local toy shop

huh? wait there is no more midnight blue?! i loved that color! now i have to go find an equivalent for my army... <_<

yeah it was discontinued a while ago, along with some other colours

Archived