Suggestions for a mixed Planetstrike game?

GlauG

My local GW has started having big Planetstrike games at the weekend for people to bring along 1500pts, and the Imperium + Eldar get to fight against everyone else. Now, since the various Imperial armies outnumber the guys who usually play on Saturdays with their Orks, I thought I'd switch to my Fallen Angels army to back them up this time round. Working on the assumption I'll be attacking and have 3000pts + of Orks to back me up, what sort of things should I consider taking? Obliterators are a big yes, due to the need to take down strongholds and the fact that I know two of the Imperial players will have a pretty large amount of armour (3 Land Raiders in just one person's army. I should know, I painted 'em...). I'm tempted to break a bit from the fluffiness of my army and add in some squads of summoned lesser Daemons for disposable distractions, and maybe run those in concert with some melta-armed Bikers. In fact, a large lesser Daemon unit with "Sustained Assault" to come back from the dead in the next turn when they get wiped out might be nice.

Anyone played any Planetstrike games with their CSM and found anything especially nasty or helpful? The other thing I thought about was Khorne Terminators with Lightening Claws, but they're an obvious choice.

AWESOME i'm not the only fallen player out there. i mean i know there are others and all, i just never see them. anywolf, now moving beyond that. um the khorne terminators are good. despite what some people say, i've had mine do fabulously in all my games. um...i'm weird in that i run dreadnoughts (outfitted with dccw and a missile launcher), and i get quite a bit of sucess out of them. my bikes also do rather well. raptors of khorne or slaanesh are good, as are noise marines with blast masters (they form the solid core of my army almost always). chosen with melta guns are also a good choice, as are vindicators (as they are cheap and draw fire, and if they do get a few shots off they generally do well). um...and oblits, but you said that. i guess thats all i have. well good luck with your fallen man, i hope it helps (though i will undoubtly get this message torn apart by dread ney sayers :D)

I haven't played Planetstrike yet, but I'd imagine with things in cover and those AV14 bastions that Termicide squads would be very appropriate.

I'd probably bulk them up to 4 guys with a Heavy Flamer. That should give you a fair chance at busting the Bastions open and roasting the guys inside. Plus they can assault when they land I believe, so a ChainFist wouldn't be out of the question.

I guess giving the HF guy a Chainfist would go down well for Bastion-busting. Set 'em on fire then slice the place open. :) A Marine Chainfist is like a Melta-bomb anyway...

As for the Dread, the problem is that since I can't Drop Pod it like its Smurfy counterpart, it has to footslog it over the whole freaking map, while everything else can Deep Strike, or can do a full 12" move. I can't help but feel that Combi-Melta + HF Termies with Mark of Tzeench would live longer, too, for an extra 50pts or so total?.

Archived