(photoshop) Chapter Master

Hello,

This is a Photoshop drawing I made to get used to working in Photoshop. I basically drew it freehand using the tools with the intent of using the image in the Chapter Banner somehow. For a Chapter Master, he's fairly plain, but it's a simplistic image for the banner. What do you think??

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2168/man2.jpg

The legs are a little off.

his left knee should be a little higher up the leg

his right leg is in the air i'm guessing, but if its not I'd change it.

Why does his tabard suddenly cut away when it reached his groin? I'd think it'd stay relatively large size.

I don't remember a lightning bolt being a weapons choice for a Chapter Master

Lightning Bolt 40pts :lol:

Thanks for the responses! I should have clarified that this image was destined to appear on the Chapter Banner. The Master himself is actually the first Chapter Master (not a realistic representation of the current one), and so his imagery is a bit idealized (hence the lightning bolt :))

- His right leg is raised (he's stepping over something when it's finished)

- His left leg does look off - thanks for the tip!

- I do realize that the line thickness is pretty severe, but again, when it's finished it's going to be the size of a banner, so it needs to be thicker when it's bigger.

- The tabard size is intentional - some tend to shrink in width at the belt, which is a look i prefer, though I can see why it might look a little weird.

- Oh also, the lightning bolt always hits on 2+, Strength 10, AP1, Assault 8. 12 pts. :)

For a Chapter Master, he's fairly plain,

HE HAS A LIGHTNING BOLT

:D Mind if I sig?

On topic, I quite like him, clean but effective, the only off bit I find is the sword, to me it seems too 2D because of the background which makes it hard to see the other edge (in my opinion).

Archived